Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  87-92 supra IRS screw in upper ball joint

87-92 supra IRS screw in upper ball joint

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 778
replies 5
following 3

e10pvmt   +1y
Anyone have any idea what screw in ball joint to use in the knuckle of an mkIII supra IRS.....i tried the typical k772 for the toyota/mustang II UCA....it fits but not tight....the taper seems close but there is just a little bit of wiggle....not comfortable just using this part...would rather have a tight fitting ball joint....is there anywhere i can lookup or cross reference various screw in ball joints....BTW the chrysler lower ball joint used on the toyota lower arms is to big
e10pvmt   +1y
anyone? ,maybe a press in?
cookiemonster13   +1y

why dont you just measure the taper and then get a balljoint book and find one or retaper it to the size balljoint you want?
e10pvmt   +1y
cuz i dont know where to even get that info....think i am just gonna drill it out and go with a uniball, misalignment spacers and a 9/`6" bolt
maz duh   +1y

Could you open the taper up to accept the larger screw in joint or is it too big to do that?  Your idea of drilling it out sounds like it would work out alright though, could ypu mod the knuckle and run a spherical joint vertically or is that more work than you want to get into?
e10pvmt   +1y

thats a little to much work...i dont need that much more travel....maybe another 3/4-1" is all....not enough to justify having someone mod the spindle to accept a vertical uniball.....plus with the price ballistic is selling uniballs for i couldnt pass it up....125 shipped....bearings, cups, rings and alignment spacers for a set of arms.....and drilling out the front lower wasnt hard at all so i could use a heim there so i dont think the upper is gonna be to much more difficult....thanks for the advice though
Page 1 of 1