Page 1 of 1
Interior \  old cars, seatbelts, and kids

old cars, seatbelts, and kids

Interior Q & A
views 445
replies 4
following 3

slamdtaco   +1y
depending on the year of old cars, they have none, front only, or front/rear, but only lap belts. how do you keep you kids safe in one of these type of cars? I have a 4 and 7 year old. the 4 yr old is in a full car seat and the 7 yr old in a booster seat. I would love to have an older car, but this could keep me from having one.
maztang (ryan)   +1y

Installing lap belts is pretty easy boss. Just because they don't have them from the factory doesn't mean you can't install them for the safety of your kids. Unless you are wanting shoulder belts then that would be different, but I would think that a lap belt would suffice.
slamdtaco   +1y
Edited: 2/5/2010 9:43:56 AM by SLAMDTACO

yeah I know you can get lap belts for them, but it's not the safest thing
scotto79   +1y

Most hot rod shops online also have 3 point retractable seatbelts as well as lap belts.  Then all you have to do is look for a good spot in the C pillar to attach to.  Check Juliano's Hot Rods, they have 20 different colours or so.
slamdtaco   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by notlowyetMost hot rod shops online also have 3 point retractable seatbelts as well as lap belts.  Then all you have to do is look for a good spot in the C pillar to attach to.  Check Juliano's Hot Rods, they have 20 different colours or so.---------------------------------------------great info.Julianos even has a how-to with pics  I figured there had to be a simple way thanks
Page 1 of 1