threads
Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  Mustang 2 Front Suspenion Help!

Mustang 2 Front Suspenion Help!

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 649
replies 3
following 3

nvr endn   +1y
Edited: 1/31/2010 9:10:44 PM by nvr endn

Hey guys, just got my chassis back from the guy who built most of it. I am in a pickle with the front bag setup i currently have. I wanted to run shockwave 8000's at all four corners, seeing that my truck wont weigh much past 3000 lbs. total. The bags in using are 13.5 collapsed, and 19.5" fully extended. I needed these to untuck my 22's with the mustang 2 setup. Now my problem is the shockwave is too long to mount to the upper mount and the lower control arm. I was thinking about modifiying the LCA, as in build a cradle to accomodate how low the shockwave will be mounting. I could also get a normal bellow style shockwave that is 10.5" collapsed. and 14.5" extended. I really dont wanna do this because i dropped almost a grand on these shockwaves, and arent going to recoop the money. I have also thought about selling them possibly, and running a 2600lb bag with a bracket setup instead. Just defeats the purpose of exspensive ART's. You should get a good idea from the picture on photobucket of what I mean. Any opinions and ideas are great guys. thanks
cory

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/nvrendn/?action=view&current=DSC00060.jpg&newest=1

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/nvrendn/?action=view&current=DSC00069.jpg&newest=1

scotto79   +1y

I would just go with modifying the lower control arm on that one.  Don't just run a 2600 bag, use those and make them work.
tuckinlugs06   +1y

why not redo the unper mount ...either redo the tube or redo the 2 tabs to move the mount up to where you need it
nvr endn   +1y

the problem is, the bag actually has to go down a little bit still. Because of how big the top of the shockwave is, and how short the UCA is, at 3/4 lift the bellow hits the inside of the ball joint. So the upper mount actually has to be turned down a little. Not much but enough. I just aint sure if moving the lower mount 3" further down is going to be unsafe, or look kinda wierd.
Page 1 of 1