Page 2 of 2
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  A couple questions on unibody droppping a civic

A couple questions on unibody droppping a civic

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 850
replies 17
following 9

draggin s10   +1y
in the rear of mine i have a dead axle built out of DOM with a 2link on re7s, in the front i have re6s on top of my control arms with a bolt in "cage". if you give me your email ill send you pics.  
draggin s10   +1y
i havent updated my profile on here so the pics you see there is the old setup, cantilever in rear. 
bagged4doorcivic   +1y
Edited: 1/28/2010 12:53:43 PM by bagged4doorcivic

Fatheadjames if i was to raise the motor how much would it need to be lifted and what on the motor cause the car not to lay out? I really dont care about laying completely and wouldn't having miine lay out just like yours does. About how much did it cost to have the spindle and trailing arms sectioned or did you do them youerself? Draggin s10 I like the idea of having a straight axle. What size DOM did you use? I would really like to see pics of the rear setup if you have any. You can send your pics to www.bagged4doorcivic@aol.com
cuzican   +1y

James pretty much answered it all, but if you haven't found my profile yet, there is a few pics in there that might help. Also I'll say that if I do this again I'm going with juice, it's just so much easier to fit and the lift is incredible.
bagged4doorcivic   +1y

chris I have looked at your civic plenty of time its just bad ass. I love all the work and detail that you have put in it.  One more question does the gas tank lay out when you unibody drop a civic?
cuzican   +1y

After you drag the lower control arm mounts down some it does. Before I drug them down it sat about 3/4" off of the ground, but now it sits on the ground, not more dragging for me. Your car may be different since it's a different model, but I'd be willing to say it'll be the same.
draggin s10   +1y
my gas tank lays too.
bagged4doorcivic   +1y
Hey draggin s10 how did you connect the rear brake assembley to the the dead axle and do you have  any pics of the rear suspension with the dead axle in it.