threads
Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  Full Size...DJM Upper and Lower Control Arms with Mcgaughys Spindles...Please Help MAX!!!

Full Size...DJM Upper and Lower Control Arms with Mcgaughys Spindles...Please Help MAX!!!

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 2159
replies 6
following 3

POSJustin   +1y
So, I have a 99 GMC Sierra, I've had the Mcgaughys 2" Drop Spindles for quite some time. ( The ones that require a 17" or larger wheel) I recently picked up some DJM Uppers and Lowers. Well, I finally got all the pieces painted out and started installing and the ball joint on the Lower doesn't fit through the Spindle. I even tried the Stock Spindle and no luck. I've called numerous friends that are shop owners and they've never come across the issue. Am i missing something here? Is it OK to run the combo? If not, which should I go with? And, if so, what do i need to do? I'm running Slam 7's up front with 22" Centerlines. Thanks for your time Max, it truly is appreciated.
IMLOWER   +1y

well on a 99-06 chevy you dont need arms to lay on a 22 so just put the stocks back on   but sounds like you have the wrong balljoints some how
POSJustin   +1y
Thats what i was thinking. I looked up the arms and its the same from 99-06. i really like the look of it. the stock ones are ugly...lol...thanks for your help.
pdolgner   +1y
If I remember correctly those lower arms came with a drill bit, tapered maybe, and you needed to drill the lower knuckle on the spindle. call DJM
POSJustin   +1y
Edited: 1/26/2010 5:53:33 PM by POSJustin

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by pdolgnerIf I remember correctly those lower arms came with a drill bit, tapered maybe, and you needed to drill the lower knuckle on the spindle. call DJM ---------------------------------------------hell yeah...thanks bro. i called DJM once and they wouldnt help me because i was using an "after market" spindle, however, I called this morning with the same question only I said i was using my stock spindles (which have the same hole size) and the dude was hella helpful. told me to drill it out a bit and itll be fine!!! thanks for your help!!! what about geometry issues? lol...would this be considered "stacking" lowering components? One of my boys works at an alignment shop and he says that it should be fine. sometimes i like to get as much information as possible before i just start cuttin...thanks again!!
post photo
pdolgner   +1y
Edited: 1/26/2010 6:21:30 PM by pdolgner

I don't know if you will have problems using both.  I just used spindles on my 2nd silverado with bags and it layed out.  Your arms look sick.  If you were interested I would call Ekstensive Metal Works in Houston and pick up a set of the Silverado front bag mounts.  You cut off the spring pocket and weld them on, they look really clean and you don't have to use any cups or anything in the front. I think it's $40-50 for a pair.  The front mounts look kind of like these......    
post photo
POSJustin   +1y
thanks for the compliment. that does look sick and more one-offish...good idea. thanks bro...
Page 1 of 1