Page 1 of 1
Interior \  Suede Dash, Good or Bad idea

Suede Dash, Good or Bad idea

Interior Q & A
views 657
replies 8
following 5

ONE_LO_SVT   +1y
I have a f150, if you know the truck,  i plan on painting the dash bubble and wrapping everything else. Is suede a good idea for the dash board, it would be Faux Suede not the real stuff. But all the interior shops i've been talking to say to not wrap the dash in the suede, that it would fade. Is this the case? are some faux suedes better than others? Are their any out their that will not fade? 
wickedinsides   +1y
make sure that the suede is uv treated. if it is, your fine. ive used hundreds of yards of suede and it hasnt ever faded
ONE_LO_SVT   +1y
awesome, i'll ask the interior shops. Only other place I know of to buy online is yourautotrim.com   Width: 54" Inches Wide Content: Face - Ulrafine polyester micro fiber / Back - 100% Polyester Weight: Aprox. 12 oz. per sq. yard = 18 oz. per linear yard Full Rolls: 33 yards (CALL FOR ROLL PRICING) Abrasion: Exceeds 100,000 Double Rubs Flammability: Passes CA Bulletin 117 Class 1, UFAC Class 1, Can be treated to meet FAR specifications Colorfastness: Crocking - AATCC 8 / Light - AATCC 16 Care & Cleaning: Texuede SP contains a built-in stain resistant system. All stains and spills will remain on the surface temporarily, but should be treated as soon as possible Is that UV treated.    
CamberOz   +1y
have fun i did mine and it was a pain in the dick    
post photo
ONE_LO_SVT   +1y
looks good, If you had to do it again, would you still do suede or something else? I'm either going to do suede or vinyl. How long has it been on the truck? any sign of fading?
CamberOz   +1y
If and when i redo it, will go in another direction but i like the look of it now. its been on the there for about 2 years not no fading that i noticed, but the truck is garage kept with a cover on it  
ONE_LO_SVT   +1y
I plan on painting the entire bubble piece from drivers pillar to the end of the radio bezel, everything else will get wrapped. My truck as well will only be in the garage with the cover on it, i'm just worried about the few weekends every few months for shows, what that will do over time. It will be a tannish suede as well.
CamberOz   +1y
you will be fine i would not worrie about the fade that much
ONE_LO_SVT   +1y
thanks man, appreciate it.
Page 1 of 1