Page 1 of 1
Interior \  Steel/Fiberglass headliner

Steel/Fiberglass headliner

Interior Q & A
views 432
replies 3
following 4

travis98s10   +1y
I want a painted headliner since mine is already destroyed, but I need some input. I found a fiberglass s10 replacement headliner, but I dont really want to spend $250+ on it if possible. Fiberglass seems like the easiest way out, but I hate using it and Im afraid of waves and/or warping.Weight is also a concern. Steel would be awesome, but those are some serious compound curves and I would be forced to weld it all overhead. Just looking for some pics and input on what everyone else is doing. Thanks in advance!

Layumon22s   +1y
travis hit up yankee, he fiberglassed my head liner in the f150 he could probably give you some good pointers.
rlfknlorangers   +1y
it doesn't really apply for most of us building trucks, but i am in the upholstery buisness and i have heard of some people who do full restorations and the like on older cars. hand laying fiberglass headliners in their cars while they are on a rottiserie  being restored becuase they can flip the entire car up side down and easily lay one up. or course you could always lay a thin layer of glass over a stock headliner board but cracking could be a big issue.
draggnmazda   +1y

i fiberglassed mine but i also have a ragtop in it also. i had the cab off the truck at the time so it was stood up and i just put paper on the back wall of the cab so it would catch amything dripping. also i used the pink half inch foam insulation from home depot to take up any big gaps the fiberglass melted into it it worked pretty good.

Page 1 of 1