Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  Urethane for watts link pivot

Urethane for watts link pivot

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 443
replies 9
following 10

jgarris11   +1y
Will a urethane bushing from a 4 link be good enough for a watts link pivot point in the middle?
tacomaon24s   +1y

i know this is directed at max and i def am not him. but i would suggest using delrin bushings no flex that way. i use them on everything except bed and cab mounts on those i use urethane so i get flex out of it.
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

i'm with Josh, I have delrin bushing on my watts link and it is working great so far.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y

Ive got a vehicle on the road right now with a poly bushing for the center pivot on a watts, and its drove a couple years now with no issues. But, any of the watts link kits ive built in the last year ive use delrin or a bearing for the center pivot. Hell, delrin is pretty cheep also, so its kinda nice lol.   Taylor
GetLow   +1y

where can you get delrin bushings, and what do they cost?
tacomaon24s   +1y

i sell delrin bushings we have a big quantity at a time machined out so we can sell them cheap i used to buy them local for 11 dollars for one half of a bushing with no sleeve material i sell one whole bushing meaning 2 halves inner and outer sleeve material either size 1.75 outer tube withwhat ever size sleeve you need or 1.5 outer tube with whatever sleeve you need for 20 dollars each. you have choice of 2 inch .250 wall outer sleeve or 1.75 chromoly .120 .  and  1.75 outer .250 wall or 1.50 chromoly .120 and inner sleeve is dom for any size bolt. i used to pay 44 dollars each for that same setup however so as you can see quite a bit of saving.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y

Damn, my local Alro Plastics sells me a stick of delrin 2" OD black solid, 6 ft long for 38$.  I  have to machine it myself, but i prefer that really. I remember when i bought sets from ebay, there were damn pricey....
TwistedMinis   +1y
McMaster Carr sells some at a decent price too.
BioMax   +1y

I would think that urethane would work, but like everyone else I strongly suggest delrin.
AVTekk   +1y
Ive used urethane in the past as well, its held up on a truck that I did at least 5 years ago with no issues. The load placed on the bushing isnt an outstanding amount so theres very little flex there.  Of course, theres almost always a better material to use.
Page 1 of 1