threads
Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  confused about wheel offsets...

confused about wheel offsets...

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 386
replies 2
following 3

twistednd   +1y
I am looking to get a set of billet wheels 20x8 for my 97 taco it has an irs from a mazda RX7 and lays pinch welds.  I contacted the manufacterer and they suggested a 20 for the front and 30 for the back but I have been told by others that this will not work. I am very confused with backspacing and - + mm?
firefighter5325   +1y

ill do my best to explain what i can about it im not the best though. i hada  drawing somewhere i think it was on my old comp but ill check my external.  what you do is take the wheel width from outter lip to outter lip and ger your measurment then dived that number by two(works best with metric system as this is what is used for bs)  this is your center line for the wheels now laying some thing very flat on the inside lip of the rim(the brake side) measure do the mounting surface of the will the diffrence in this measurement and you center line measurment is your back spacing.negitive back space the measured number to the mounting flange will be less than your center line number (Example you have a 100mm wide wheel so the center line is 50 mm the mounting flange measures 30mm from the inside lip of rim (brake side) you have a 20mm negitive offset which has more backspacing and a bigger lip )  and it would be the oppisite for positive offset.   i had to do alot of research for this when i had my wheel adapters made.most of the info i used came from herehttp://www.s10forum.com/forum/f14/backspacing-and-offset-update-107156/ 
firefighter5325   +1y
Edited: 12/3/2009 10:06:21 PM by Firefighter5325

post photo
Page 1 of 1