Page 1 of 1
American Cars \  New guy with a problem on a caprice

New guy with a problem on a caprice

American Cars General Discussions
views 329
replies 6
following 6

dragging9c1   +1y
Have a caprice thats been a project for a couple years until I recently started cutting into it good, so far its corner lights, attenna, hood hole, spotlight holes and handles are shaved.  Bagged with 5 gallon and 2 viair 380's with re7's all around and made the mistake of only running 3/8 line and valves.......
Heres the problem, I can't get my rear to completely lay, its baby notched, tunnels built, parking brake cable removed, I know I still have to extend my upper trailing arms but I'm still sitting over 2" from the ground would extending the trailling arms really help? maybe shorter hieght shock? I'm a little stumped.....
dragn4door   +1y

So there is something keeping the car from dropping all the way down? Like it is binding somewhere? Does it lay all the way down and in the frame notch?

spider97   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by dragn4doorSo there is something keeping the car from dropping all the way down? Like it is binding somewhere? Does it lay all the way down and in the frame notch?

--------------------------------------------- its binding on the trailing arm. no way around it but either extend them or modify them with link bars
stcolorado   +1y

i havint had truble with mine and they are stock upper trailing arms i have adj lower bars on it.
lovetigger88   +1y

the arms dont sound like they are the problem i would look at the shocks bottoming out or the tire hitting on the inner fender lining,,, what size wheels and tires you have on it????

dward   +1y
Edited: 12/9/2009 6:00:56 PM by daward

mine is about 2 inches frome laying too....my upper arms hit on the crossmember...and the top of the bag is bolted directly to the spring pocket with a plate welded to the other side
dragging9c1   +1y

It appears that it is the shocks bottoming out, I'm running 15" with 205/65 but just picked up a set of 20's that will be on there shortly, I don't think the tires are hitting but haven't been able to get underneath since the tunnel
Page 1 of 1