Ask A Pro \  bag over bar

bag over bar

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 294
replies 1
following 2

goshawks00   +1y
Edited: 12/2/2009 12:46:11 AM by goshawks00

hey Max..!!or anyone else with opinion...
Got a easy one ... Workin on an old shoebox woodie hotrod( Yea it's a Ford) , and I am trying to sort out a few things... First need to be able to run duals out the back so that will be an issue as far as clearance ...need to state that up front... I'm not lookin for an ant killer but do want a lower ride than what have ..I've been down the blocks and spring route , need something better.
... My idea /question is I would like to run a square bar lower link and  a bag over bar with it... The caveat is I need to keep the bar directly under the frame rail... My idea is to use the front leave spring hanger for the front of the lower bar(2"square bar) and run the bag on top of it... I was thinking I could use "Air-rideTech."( bag over spring set-up)" upper frame bracket to keep the bag under the frame and in line with the lower link... The upper link could then be a triangulated bar.. It would give me the best chance of running a full length exhaust system.. Think this will work? Any holes in that idea?BTW can't go out side of frame because of tire issues and can't go inside frame because of possible exhaust issues.. Great site, you guys are 'tits' for us oldies!!
Barry
freezin' in Mich.
BioMax   +1y

As long as you follow the basic 4-link rules that I've talked about in the 4-link thread in the suspensions forum you should be ok.They are a bit tricky to make everything work, so good luck.
Page 1 of 1