Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  What frame and rearend???

What frame and rearend???

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 367
replies 7
following 6

moedaman   +1y
 Ok i have a couple of questions, i have a 93 sc2 saturn coupe that i plan on building a roadster project out of,but heres the deal i want to put the car on a RWD setup,but i dont know what frame or rearend i should start with. I really just need front clip of the frame and the rearend. I can build the rest.Here are some measurements i took earlier Front is around 58 1/4 from outside to outside top of rotor,and the rear is around 57inches outside to outside of the rotor.. I have seen the cavi that was converted,and the honda civic that was cut up on here they were inspiring,thanx for any help you guys can give me..
moedaman   +1y

After a bit more reading i think i need a s10 front clip and rearend thank s any way but open to more suggestions....
mindlissmetalfab   +1y
84-95 2WD Toyota Pickups have nicer frame clips to work with than an s10. Better geometry, cleaner looking and easier to narrow or widen the track width since the front crossmember is square and the engine crossmember unbolts.   
metal worx inc   +1y

i say make a dragster out of a AVEO lol
BioMax   +1y

Too many options in my opinion. The Toyota stuff is probably the easiest to start with tho.
TwistedMinis   +1y
An 84-88 Toyota would be my pick. It has the same track width up front, and the same rear axle width as your car.
slammedxonair   +1y

yota
moedaman   +1y
I didnt even think of the yotas DUH!!!! THANX guys... Mini Truckers make life easier!!! I will post some pics in a couple of months when i get some cash saved up for my  yota clip and rearend, and believe me i will have more questions.. later and thanx  a mill.. 
post photo
post photo
Page 1 of 1