Interior \  Push button starter

Push button starter

Interior Q & A
views 1175
replies 16
following 5

scotto79   +1y
Edited: 11/29/2009 4:54:40 PM by notlowyet

Thats exactly why, I have to rewire the whole truck and the key is worn right out for the ignition anyways.  So I figured I would play around and do something a little different. So I would be able to run an 18 ga from the battery to a distribution block and just hook everything else into that?
Bagd_Civic93   +1y
You have alot of work and wire tucking to do if you keep insisting on the battery kill. No another thing you could do is a switch for the ignition to be powered on and then and switch killing power to the push button. It is possible alot less wire and less time consuming. But if you still insist on a battery kill you will find it is alot of wiring to do.
scotto79   +1y
Thats another good idea, so I would run a toggle to the push button then instead, right? Thanks for all the help so far Jake.
Bagd_Civic93   +1y
Yeah do i switch to ignition and then run it to the push button and you should be straight because unless the ignition switch is on the push button will not send power to starter. No problem man just trying to give you the easiest less time consuming option...I know too cause I had it the way you were talking about but after having to reset all my electronics everytime i started the truck.
scotto79   +1y
So here is what I'm thinking is the last idea I can come up with.  Would I be able to run a battery kill switch, but between the ignition and start button, so that I can open the line and remove the key?Then I would still have power to the truck, but there would be nothing just between the ignition and the start button, correct?
Bagd_Civic93   +1y
I would do some kind of kill switch off the fuse panel going to the ignition. That way accessories still have power basicly all your doing is killing power to ignition circuit. That would be best bet IMHO.
kjsdime   +1y

i sell a push botton start kit that looks killer and easy to install, and i sell them our remote battery disconnect with it so all you got to do is hit the button as you walk to you car and its armed.