Page 1 of 1
South East \  Tail lights and third brake light painting question

Tail lights and third brake light painting question

South East Regional
views 721
replies 8
following 6

fueled by hate   +1y
Does anyone know where I can get my 2010 Colorado tail lights and third brake light painted? I'm between Birmingham and Oxford/Anniston, Alabama.
firefighter5325   +1y

I am getting Jason from dynasty designs to do the lights on my eclipse.  He is in North Carolina but i know he has had people ship him lights does what he needs to do to them and ships them back. http://carolinatruckscene.com/forum/showthread.php?t=857 his e-mail is lh_dynasty@yahoo.com  Does some good work I have seen mutiple lights he has done as well.
airbrushcav   +1y

i can do em?        send them to me   what do you have in mind?
fueled by hate   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by airbrushcavi can do em?        send them to me   what do you have in mind?--------------------------------------------- I wanted them painted black. How much do you charge?
post photo
scotto79   +1y
Edited: 11/22/2009 11:13:18 AM by notlowyet

Edited: 11/22/2009 11:12:17 AM by notlowyetYou can use VHT Nightshade for that.  Just clean them with a degreaser, then a plastic prep spray,  and do a few light coats of spray on them.  http://www.vhtpaint.com/niteshades.html 
BK2LIFE   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by notlowyet You can use VHT Nightshade for that.   that stuff is nasty.  it will work, but doesnt look good. i charge about $50 a pair to do them right, tint them with a dark candy mathcing your vehicle color, then clear, then fully polish to a mirror finish..
fueled by hate   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by BK2LIFE---------------------------------------------Originally posted by notlowyetYou can use VHT Nightshade for that.  that stuff is nasty.  it will work, but doesnt look good.i charge about $50 a pair to do them right, tint them with a dark candy mathcing your vehicle color, then clear, then fully polish to a mirror finish..--------------------------------------------- How long would it take? The reason I am looking locally is because I don't want to have to remove them and ship them somewhere. I called a shop in Oxford, Alabama that painted an Audi R8 for the Michelin booth at SEMA, but they don't do it.
bodydropped85   +1y

any body shop can do it, just tell them 4 parts clear, 1 part black(or any color really) base coat. 1 or 2 coats should be enough.
fueled by hate   +1y
The body shop I called said they don't do it. I'm not sure if you've spent much time in Alabama, but I had to have 3 grand worth of stuff replaced under the hood of my old 2007 Colorado. I removed the emblems the first day I got the truck and they thought that my truck was some kind of special edition Colorado since it had no emblems, and that was after I had to tell them that it was a Colorado. I'm very skeptical about who to let touch my truck around here. Since I saw some work from Hughes Paint and Body on the cover of Mini Truckin' a few months ago, and the Audi they did for SEMA I was more comfortable about letting them do it. But they said they don't do it.
Page 1 of 1