Ask A Pro \  WISHBONE SETUP

WISHBONE SETUP

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 332
replies 3
following 4

john trevino   +1y
Edited: 11/19/2009 3:25:03 PM by john trevino

maxwe are working on a 97 tacoma std cab and are debating on what is the best setup to use to bag the back end. for the most part do to the gas tank and some other things we have decided to do a wishbone style system. using two lower forward links and bagging it over the axle. my question is do to the fact we keep getting different opinions on how to setup the wishbone. some people are saying that the lower link bars and the top wishbone bars all need to be the same size and others say the lower link bars need to be at least 30% longer. my question is what is the correct answer to these lenghts? a little more info to help you give us the right answer is we were planning on mounting the wishbone to the top of the axle housing with only one mount and mounting the other two ends to a crossmember closer to the cab wall. we had planned on making the outer link bar closest to the passenger side longer than the one closest to the gas tank. we were going to cut that bar short so it clearanced the factory gas tank. let me know what you think and if there is a better method to use on this truck. 
mikeatlowlifevideo   +1y
Hi john.. remember that time
mikeatlowlifevideo   +1y
Where is Max at? Does he reply to you guys?
BioMax   +1y

All your questions should be able to be answered in the 4-link thread in the suspension forum. It's a sticky.

Page 1 of 1