Page 1 of 1
American Cars \  crate engine

crate engine

American Cars General Discussions
views 777
replies 5
following 6

accordsinner   +1y
Looking for a good crate engine for my 1964 caddilac deville.Does anyone know of a place that builds hp engines in Houston TX or surrounding areas?Also If not where would you reccomend? I was looking at jegs or summit Im looking for a 383 or 454..Thanks!
Stumps   +1y

the motors in jegs and summit are so damn expensive.  find someone local to build it, or do it yourself.  the motors in those mags that they sell for 7-8 you could build yourself and have someone else assemble it for half the price.
boooghar   +1y

me personally I would get a GM 350 crate from the local GM dealerthat sells GM Performance parts - reason why these crate engines come with a 3 year 35K mile warrenty - get a local engine builder or machine shop to give you a warrenty like that, aint gunna happen and these GM crate engines you can get in long block form which means they already have the heads bolted on, cam degreed ect ect, just buy your intake,ignition,exhaust, and accesory drives ie power steering, a/c, alternator and wha-la yer done
FCKNLOW   +1y

<<<<< has a motor for sell that would be killer in it!   send me an email mejames1ssemo.edu
boooghar   +1y

btw heres a link for you to check specs on the engines - I myself have a ZZ3 crate engine for a project 350 cubic inch 350 rated hp (for now) http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/Parts/showcase_detail.jsp?engine=0  
FCKNLOW   +1y

it's a 385 by the way   and i have a set of alm. heads for it.
Page 1 of 1