Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  40 ford 2 door

40 ford 2 door

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 372
replies 9
following 6

donobird   +1y
My neighbor just got a 39 or 40 ford. it has that long roof line that  goes all the way to the bottom of the trunk. kinda like a vw bug.
What is the best way to chop this thing or do you know of any websites that I can see how-tos?

It also has a crappy torched up frame under it.
what would be a good frame to use the front clip out off? we thought about s-10 or camaro front clip.
fatboysS1O   +1y

killbillet.com aint too bad. theres some helpful folks on there along with some moody sob's too. just lurk for a while...find some intelligent folks....introduce yourself to them (theyre big on that for some reason) and then ask.
TwistedMinis   +1y
The HAMB will have information on chopping that style of roof. There are some threads where they chop Chevy's with that style roof line, look up BASS he did a 49. Just don't ask about it, the majority of people there are against chopping a 40 Ford.
donobird   +1y

hey thanks. stock sucks. you can go to any classic car sohow and see the same ol shit. I like to cut shit up.  thanks
xtremelx88   +1y
my dad has a 49 ford two door sedan that has a camaro front clip and the stock frame from the firewall back it worked out good i have seen some done with s10 clips and also full s10 frames there is also a guy in his club that chopped a 46 ford but his was a coupe not a sedan he only did 3" i think and he said it was a pain in the ass if i can find some of his progress pics i will post them up for you
donobird   +1y

thanks man, what year camaro?
stlowburban   +1y
While I am a huge proponent of doing things yourself that body style is very difficult to do correctly. I would at a minimum check out Brian Bass or Nathan Hale in DFW before I even attempted it.  I have chopped a few trucks and 50's cars and would still be very cautious about doing one.  Sometimes it's better to save your cash and let a pro do it.  The H.A.M.B.  is definately your friend in this matter.  Good luck.
xtremelx88   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by donobirdthanks man, what year camaro?--------------------------------------------- i dont remember exactly but i think it was around a 68
FCKNLOW   +1y

around my area those clips are hard to find. most of them have been cut up to make racecars.
xtremelx88   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by FCKNLOWaround my area those clips are hard to find. most of them have been cut up to make racecars.--------------------------------------------- yea they are hard to find around here too but the guy my dad got it from built it in like 1990 so they were a little easier to find
Page 1 of 1