Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  balljoint taper...

balljoint taper...

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 423
replies 3
following 4

toreadorxlt   +1y
is there a guide somewhere for cross-referencing/identifying balljoint tapers?  I want to make custom control arms and figure it would be easier to swap to screw in style balljoints because they sell the cups fairly cheap.  http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Steel-Ball-Joint-Sleeves,2126.html How can I find out if there is a screw in style balljoint with an identical taper to the lower balljoint that came stock on my 88 C1500?
BioMax   +1y

Without measuring them, I have no idea. I would love to know if there was a guide out there, it would be a big help.
jeebus @ mmw   +1y

There is.  Moog Chassis refrence catalogs.  I bought a few of them from my local NAPA store.  theres about 3 to get, very helpfull.  Its still better to just buy the balljoint and measure it out.  but just so you know, that balljoint will not fit your fullsize spindle.    Taylor
AVTekk   +1y
It will be hard to find a balljoint to fit but you may have luck reaming the spindles out with the correct balljoint ream. Just keep in mind that the spindles are pretty much useless to anyone else at that point..
Page 1 of 1