threads
Page 1 of 2
Ask A Pro \  looking to get more lift up front...

looking to get more lift up front...

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 744
replies 10
following 6

rrusd   +1y
 I have a 95 S-10 extra cab with a 4 in. bodydrop, and it barely lifts high enough to clear my fenders with 18's on it. I have 2 in. dropped spindles on it, and Slam Spec. RE-7 bags. It seems to be that it can't , in it's present state, go any higher. How can I get more lift?  Thanks for any help you may provide.
rrusd   +1y

slammedstroller   +1y

hey Russ, are the bags fully compressed when it's layed out? I always start off by taking some measurements then get the truck up on jackstands take the wheel off, then remove the bag.. that should help you figure out some things like if the balljoints are binding when aired up or whatever

rrusd   +1y

yes the bags are fully compressed. It just seems that the suspension has no more room to travel. I have been told that raising the upper control arm mounting pint will help. Along with better ball joints, like the super ones(I forgot what thier called at the moment).
bodydropped85   +1y

hmm, is the lower cup sliding?
jspotmcd   +1y

hey russ do u have tubular control arms?? when i bought my arms  i was told that i would recieve more lift if i replaced my 2" drop spindle with a stock one. i dont know if this is true, but it might be worth a shot. seems like it would work.

rrusd   +1y

bagged85, no chance of the lower cups sliding, there are none. Bags are bolted directly to the lower control arm. \  RSLN PSI, I have the stock arms, upper and lower.
j mohawk   +1y
something isnt right.. take a pic if u can, and post it.. im layin frame on 22s, and lift up a good 10 inches... all on stock a-arms and drop spindles..
rrusd   +1y

I will post up some pics this weekend. Busy at work today and tomorrow.
vcminitrucker4lyfe   +1y
Theres is a bump stop between your frame and your upper control arm if you pull that out you will get atleast another inch. I agree though I think your having another probably your upper ball joints locking out might want to order some power performance ones.