Page 1 of 2
Photoshop \  PHOTOSHOP Question

PHOTOSHOP Question

Photoshop General Discussions
views 1044
replies 11
following 3

OneBadRado   +1y
wats up fellers... ive had photoshop for a while now and tried to do some truck stuff on it.. but i just cant figure out how to do like a color change on a truck... ive been using the magnet tool and thats a bitch.. are there any other easier ways... thanks..

dragwindsor   +1y
Hey bro. Select only the body panels, or parts you want to alter > goto Image in the upper toolbar > adjustments > Hue/Saturation. But be aware, it also changes the black and whites...............
OneBadRado   +1y

thanks man but how do you select individual panels... the magic wand thing is a bitch to use sometimes tooo.. and that lasso tool i could shoot my self with that biatch... im trying to do a color swap with a straight two tone..  
dragwindsor   +1y
you can use the magic wand tool to select regions of similar color.  You can adjust the sensitivity in the top left. The 2 ways I use to select regions are the polyganol lasso tool and the pen tool. For you I suggest the polyganol lasso tool. Just be careful on curves.  Keep the lies short so not to flatten any of it.
gonz   +1y
harry, bring me a copy of that photoshop and watch me do work.
OneBadRado   +1y
Edited: 9/20/2009 9:51:31 PM by OneBadRado

yea the curves is where the problem is.. cause some times it tends to jump around... so after its cropped its a little bit off. and like on a bodydropped truck sometimes it picks the ground and all..  and a second question to that.. if you use the color from the pallete how can you add highlights and contrast to it so it dont look flat.. thanks guys..
dragwindsor   +1y
I'm not sure what you mean by the first question. As for the flat issue, you have to manually add the highlights and shadows back in with a brush.  This is where it becomes a little more difficult.
OneBadRado   +1y

lol thanks for the help on the second question... in the first question i meant like with a laid out truck and you try to use the lasso tool, so while movin that thin along the body line it sometimes tends to veer off and like for example grab part of the ground or perhaps part of a tree in the back ground. how can you avoid that..  another thing im havin problems with is lets say if i take a pic of my truck but dont like the background how can i change that... like completly do awy with the background thats on there and create a new one..  by the way thanks tony for all the help man.. really appreciate it..
dragwindsor   +1y
Ok.  Which lasso tool are you using?  There are 3.  Free, Polyganol, and Magnetic.  Are you using polyganol?  You should be.  It offers the most control. As for changing the background, you have to learn to use the lasso tool first. Once you get better with the lasso: 1:  In the Layers Pallette > double click the layer named " Background"  then hit enter.  This will change it's name to layer 0. 2:  Using the polyganol lasso accurately, trace the vehicle all the way around. 3:  In the menu bar up top there is a drop down "Select" > click " Select Inverse"  or just hit Shft-Ctrl I.  That's the hotkey.  It'll select everything BUT the current selection.  4:  Hit delete. You should be left with just the vehicle. Now you're free to copy it into another background.  Make sure the lighting and highlights are the same. Anything else, I'll be glad to help. Tony
OneBadRado   +1y

Hey tony thanks for all them tips man.. it was a great deal of help... i was using the magnetic lasso instead of the polygonal. i was able to crop the truck.. the bottom of it looked kind of cut up but i guess i will get hang of it with bit more work.  i have seen some of your renderin in the other posts they are sick man.... i like the ford one alot.. how long does one like that take you...... it is perfect to me the colors shadow and alll. you ot any more pointers im eager to learn lol thanks man..