Ask A Pro \  Irs Question

Irs Question

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 267
replies 3
following 2

teckn9ne   +1y
Edited: 9/15/2009 9:13:01 PM by teckn9ne

Alright max, say your building a totally custom control arm irs, how much usable travel would you be looking to get out of cv shafts? This might be a little vague but hopefully you can give some thought on it, thanks!

Also maybe a better question, what EXACTLY is half travel!!! ive searched and searched but nothing, its like half travel is just common sense for everyone else on here, but not me lol... 
teckn9ne   +1y
C'mon somebody... Another question at half travel on a custom irs your lower control arms should be parralel right? And are cv shafts as critical as u-joints when it comes to them being perfectly straight and vibrating? thanks. We have some ideas brewing up  
bodydropped85   +1y
Edited: 9/17/2009 6:35:44 PM by bagged85

Edited: 9/17/2009 6:34:26 PM by bagged85half travel, is half way between max lift and full drop. if laid out is zero, and you have bag over axle with a 6 in stroke bag, 3 in would be half travel. or if your setting up a suspension to get 12 inches of travel,6 inches would be halfway and should net equal results in both full lift and full drop of the suspension. this is really for adjustible suspension as angles constantly change when u drive it...
teckn9ne   +1y
Thats what i was thinking, I appreciate the info man! Now for someone to touch on the irs questions...
Page 1 of 1