Ask A Pro \  How high should I raise the UCA

How high should I raise the UCA

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 246
replies 4
following 4

slAmArAm   +1y
Hi max,

Im currently serving in Iraq while my brother is at home building my 2006 dodge ram quad cab... He already has it shaved all the way around and has it stripped inside and out to get ready for paint... but before that he needs to do the suspension.

I was curious if you know how high I should have my upper control arms raised and if they need to go in or out as well... I will be running a 32" tall tire... It seems like most of the people I talked to are going anywhere from 2.5 inches to 3 inches...

Michael from Dallas Hot Rod parts said you would be the one to ask ...

Thanks for any help you can give

Devin...

P.s. Im guessing it would be good to also mention I will be running with 2" drop spindles and stock arms
pugz   +1y

ID SAY NO MORE THAN 2 INCHES. ANYTHING MORE THROWS OFF TOO MUCH GEOMETRY FROM WHAT IVE SEEN
msturg   +1y
by alright if you lift the arm you have to move it out away from the frame as well.  How far up you lift it will determine how far out you need to move it as well.  Ideally all of the pivot points need to fall within a theoretical line with each other, otherwise you will introduce bumpsteer to your suspension.
BioMax   +1y

I don't believe that raising the upper pivots is the best option. This is why I build drop spindles, to avoid messing with stock geometry.
slAmArAm   +1y

Im confused now LOL d*mn it if everyone else is jumpin off the bridge I wanna jump too... haha  It seems like everyone else that is wanting to lay frame with a 24 has either raised the uppers with drop spindles or raised with new arms... both ways they are raising them...  So are u saying i should go with some one off spindles that give me more than a 2 inch drop or just having my 2 inch drop spindles will be fine?  
Page 1 of 1