threads
Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  Bar in the rear, What the point?

Bar in the rear, What the point?

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 317
replies 7
following 6

j-bird   +1y
 I have this YELLOW bar that sits about 6in off the rear axle. From the driver side it's welded to the frame and on the Passenger side it's welded to the axle. And what i can gather is that it keeps the axle inline. But i am 4 linked.  The Van was Juiced,Did this have something to do with it? Any help would be nice! Can it be removed if i'm getting Bagged?
purpl7duece   +1y
It's called a Panhard bar. I'm assuming you have a parallel 4-link. It's to keep the axel from shifting to the sides.
tuckinlugs06   +1y

thats a panhard be and you need it ...well if its tri linked then no but with alota lift it makes it worse...
j-bird   +1y

I do have a Parallel 4 link.  But wouldn't this Panhard bar still pull my axle side to side? What i'm gathering here is. when it lifts, the axle will move to the driver side and down the axle will move to the passenger side.
maz duh   +1y

It will move your axle slightly side to side but it should be a fairly minimal amount if it is set up properly. You can plot it out 1:1 on the floor of your garage using some masking tape and the length of the bar and total suspension travel measurement to see how much the axle is shifting.
tre5   +1y

or you could just measure the axle in your truck to see how much it's moving???????
tuckinlugs06   +1y

just do a watts..the look hella better
j-bird   +1y

WATTS= $$$$.lol. Thanks for the info guys
Page 1 of 1