Page 1 of 1
Ask A Pro \  new type of project

new type of project

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 297
replies 3
following 3

NR RailnPup   +1y
well im just about done with my isuzu. so im thinking of building a pre runner type of truck out of another isuzu i have layn around. its the same body just an xtra cab. so im thinkn of useing a toyota clip and making a 3/4 frame but what my questions are, what should i be carefull for i know to make sure to fish plate all joints on the frame, but what size tire should i xpect to run, how much travel can i get out of the toy clip in your opinion, should i cage the truck from bumper to bumper? im lookn for some genral guidelines to go by since i never have been around these kinds of trucks. i plan on running coil overs on all 4 corners. i just rember being in your shop when u were building the f-150 and that was bad ass. ill most likely have you make some parts of course. thanx for your help
BioMax   +1y

On a mini, you'll be lookin at 33's unless you're going to do some serious suspension mods. You should fish plate all your joints and if you even plan on jumping it you should definately cage it. The Toyota suspension is good for about 14" of real useable suspension travel, which if set up properly can work quite well. There is WAY too much to talk about in a fourm setting, but I'd be happy to adress your questions one at a time.
SLATERSBRO   +1y

More minitruckers should build prerunners!  being way up in the air is almost as good as sex. just make sure to post lots of build up pics. 

NR RailnPup   +1y

thanx max ill be askn more specific questions when they arrive, i plan on starting it n  few months. but if neone has more helpful tips please leave them
Page 1 of 1