American Cars \  gbody bag setups

gbody bag setups

American Cars General Discussions
views 2731
replies 11
following 8

lilbuddha   +1y
well i just picked up a new cheap project car
it has a g body chassis under it, now the thoughts were to do a hydroholics build but thats for the magnum but thats on hold since it got t boned
so its a 1952 pontiac on a gbody chassis
what are guys using for cups front and back and what size bags?
dont have alot of fabrication stuff around or tons of time to mess around, its now my daily driver till the mag gets fixed but wanna get it bagged
Wicked Fantacies   +1y

Haven't done a G Body but just measure the spring pocket u can do this without taking anything apart and c if its close to an s-10 or a fullsize or there are some places that sell parts to make what you need its just a flat plate and round tubing cut to size and welded.  Sorry I don't have any links thought I would give a quick reply before hitting the hay.
xgolferdude   +1y

the front is the same as the s10....  the back is super easy because its basicall ya 4 link with coils. depending on what motor you have would determine what bag you use but a 7 inch bag is a good general size....  sweet project man i would love to see some pics!!!
smithchassis   +1y
i have g body specific brackets in stock, 199 for front and rear, all bolt in, rear is also bolt in.  an re 7 is what i would use up front, if you like a softer ride in the rear go with a stone 2600 because its softer ride, tapered sleeves are the best bet for ride quality but it takes quite a bit of work to get one to lay out on a sleeve with all the factory mounts!
xgolferdude   +1y
Edited: 9/1/2009 11:05:44 AM by xgolferdude

wow thats a good price smith!  i miss my regal t type that was bagged!    with your brakets what size tire can you lay out with?
post photo
smithchassis   +1y
Edited: 9/1/2009 11:21:49 AM by smithchassis

heres a ttype we bagged on tires that were about 26 inches tall when i say lay out i mean as far as the factory suspension will let it go, its fairly easy to lay one of these cars out with a small notch and brdge in back maybe some extending of the trailing arms, and a spindle and notch frame for tierods up front, or you can build some no notch tie rods 
post photo
mindlissmetalfab   +1y

hey Rob I got back to you on msn last night but you had already signed off. i was busy packing for RA. Anyways shoot me an email today if you get a chance, let me know what you are looking for.
lilbuddha   +1y

yeah for sure joel and its already got a 350sbc/turbo 350 combo, basically a full g body chassis with a 52 pontiac body ontop smithchassis i used your weld on brackets on my caprice so wouldnt mind doing thatbut ill give joel my first choice of business as ive known him a long time so contact smith after anyways thanks so far for the input so far
lilbuddha   +1y
hey thought i would post on here again
since i have 20inch smoothies for my magnum and that was written off,
any ever redrill the 5x4.75 g body setup to a 5x4.5 setup?
id like to not have to buy new wheels/tires and since these are sitting around
any help would be killer
lilbuddha   +1y

heres the car what do you guys think?maiden voyage on a mild static drop lot of little issues but whatever 
post photo