Page 1 of 2
Ask A Pro \  Camber problem after alignment-caster, town-in & camber

Camber problem after alignment-caster, town-in & camber

Ask A Pro Q & A
views 556
replies 18
following 7

1LowMits94   +1y
sup all, I have a 94 mits mighty max that I just got off the alignment machine. After adjusting the tie rods, shimming it and all we noticed the passengers side front was still sitting with negative camber. With shimming and tie rod adjustments the drivers front was almost dead on with no camber. I don't know what else to do or to check. I thought maybe after I pulled the truck off the alignment machine (to let the tires roll) then it would pull itself in where we tightened up the tie rods & all but that passengers side front still has negative camber. After the alignment when I lower the truck the drivers front does camber in (like it should, of course) and the wheel/tire doesn't turn right to left at all, it stays straight, BUT the passengers front cambers in pretty badly and the wheel/tire turns to the front a good bit INSTEAD of staying straight ahead due to whatever issue I have. I have all new parts in the front, ball joints, tie rods, bushings, new set of factory control arms, has new dropped spindles, etc. so I don't see the new parts being the issue.  PLEASE SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME IDEAS ON THIS!  Thanks in advance! 

1LowMits94   +1y
come on guys, somebody's gotta know something.........
leydbck   +1y
Did you do it yourself or take it somewhere? If you took it somewhere that charged you then take it back and tell them to do it again. If you did it yourself I would suggest taking it to a shop.
1LowMits94   +1y

First, thanks for your reply.  I took it to a place that does it.  I am sorta familiar with the guy that did the alignment and I believe he did everything properly.  Its a computerized alignment machine and I was out in the garage with him during the whole thing and saw the computer screen & all.  I don't know what to do from here.
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

Sounds like you have a bent holic arm.  Just pick up a new on at Autozone and your problem will be fixed.
1LowMits94   +1y

Holic arm?

1LowMits94   +1y

I'm running air bags, not hydraulics
1LowMits94   +1y

this is pothetic, so many peeps have read this topic and 1 has replied.  Thanks for all the help guys! 
1LowMits94   +1y

excuse me, 2 have replied. 
tre5   +1y

I didn't repsond to this thread because I responded to your email, and never even got a "thanks".It could be too many things for someone to diagnose on the internet. Your alignment guy should be able to tell you what's going on, if he can't I would go to a different alignment shop. You are asking your stock suspension to drop a lot further than it is designed to do. When you do this these issues arise.