threads
Page 1 of 3
American Cars \  *My Chrysler 300 Build*(New Updates 8/5/09)

*My Chrysler 300 Build*(New Updates 8/5/09)

American Cars General Discussions
views 721
replies 29
following 19

iDragUnibody   +1y
Edited: 8/6/2009 1:07:11 PM by iDragUnibody

Edited: 7/24/2009 1:07:14 PM by iDragUnibodyEdited: 7/24/2009 1:04:14 PM by iDragUnibodyHe guys this this will be my long and drawn out build thread for my new Chrysler 300, i bought the car last month after selling off sall of my other projects so this is now my main focus, i ordered the new slam kit for the suspension if it doesnt sit low enough i will cut it up, i ordered all of my air management, and a set of 22s, me and my friend brandon will be doin the work with the help of some friends like John "Pure_Hatred" helping with the Fabrication side if we need to cut or weld some shit up, Brian "Bdmpastx"  will be documenting the build from start to finsh, and so forth but only thing left to be finished is the custom gauge pod that was molded from a piece in my headlinder once thats complete when brandon gets back i will send it to paint for a one day turn around and we will make time to put it on jack stands, the reason i havent rushed to get it done is because i want it done right the first time and its my daily, and i work 80+ hours a week, but enough talking here are some pics of my rendering which was done By Brian @ Keg-media.com and some other pics too.....

Heres whats the finished product should look like:

[ Tires have since been mounted and ready to put on the car(255/30/22) :)

Sorry this is a cell phone pic......lol  I also had my mini nitrogen bottle color ...matched and a couple of interior piece, as soon as i get soom free time i will take some better pics of the rest of my stuff and progress 
iDragUnibody   +1y
Edited: 7/24/2009 1:17:00 PM by iDragUnibody

i really wanted to use a Hydroholics kit, but im so unfamiliar with hydrolics if i lived in nevada or arizona i would have definitly took it to one of the Hydroholics guys there work is amazing and the make there stuff lay......

post photo
dragnlow   +1y

That is going to be a sweet ride.....look forward to the process pics
iDragUnibody   +1y

Ok here are some pics of the firberglassed gauge pod, we used 2in Pvc and removed the stupid sunglass holder out of that piece that i would have never used any way and this is what we got.... i just sent it off to paint, it should be a quick turnaround my painter is pretty fast....     
post photo
post photo
post photo
dragnlow   +1y

You do me a favor and post the rear bag  brackets on this kit. I got the universal air cups on mine and they pop in and out of the cup and it is getting old.
iDragUnibody   +1y

yea i have heard the UAS cups are alittle clanky, but the ones that came with the slam kit are really beefy and look promising but only time will tell, but as soon as i get some free time i will take some pics of the rear cups for you
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by iDragUnibodyyea i have heard the UAS cups are alittle clanky, but the ones that came with the slam kit are really beefy and look promising but only time will tell, but as soon as i get some free time i will take some pics of the rear cups for you---------------------------------------------

Only time will tell before you blow out a bag.  Just kidding, looks great man, looking forward to seeing it done! 
tre5   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by iDragUnibodyEdited: 7/24/2009 1:17:00 PM by iDragUnibodyi really wanted to use a Hydroholics kit, but im so unfamiliar with hydrolics if i lived in nevada or arizona i would have definitly took it to one of the Hydroholics guys there work is amazing and the make there stuff lay......

---------------------------------------------Thanks for the thought, but this is what we are trying to fix. The myth that hydraulics are more work than airbags. We could have easily sold you a preplumbed setup with a pre wired switchbox and bolt in replacements for your struts. It would have been easier than the bag setup, even if you are unfamiliar with hydraulics. Oh well, good luck on your car, I'm sure it will look great.
post photo
Greggk   +1y
looks great..
tuckinlugs06   +1y

im a noob to the strut cars but how does that work with no strut to hold the bag from flooping around