Page 1 of 1
Interior \  HELP 1992-96 dash swap

HELP 1992-96 dash swap

Interior Q & A
views 370
replies 8
following 6

1kurupt92   +1y
hey guys im new to this forum but ive gotten alot of help just from browsing. i did a dash swap in my truck and noow me engine is hella fucking up. 

my trucks a 92 and i put a 96 dash in it. i did all the wiring right but now something wrong with the charging system. help???
ive changed the battery, changed the alternator, and relooked over my wiring a tousand times. i even checked all my grounds in the truck. still no answer.
the engine bogs down hella bad. ive checked the injectors and the throttle body gaskets. its something to do with the battery not charging cuz if i let it just idle there all of a sudden the battery gauge drops and the engine stutters. 
any ideas? 
81layndoor   +1y

did this all start right after the swap.    was there anything you had to change in the wireing
1kurupt92   +1y
it started right up i havent changed anything in the wiring  
81layndoor   +1y

there has to be something thats not connected right I actually did a swap on my 92 suburban this last sunday and i had a ground that i did not get connected good enough and the guages were not working right but it didnt effect the engine. umm   did you disconect the fuse box and wires or just move them off the dash to get it out
1kurupt92   +1y
just moved em off the dash   my gauge light doesnt work can that be something? 
81layndoor   +1y

none of the cluster lights are working?      do all the guages them selfs work right
1kurupt92   +1y
yea eveything works except for the dash lights   parking brake light works and battery light thats it 
81layndoor   +1y

check the connection behind the cluster was the slot that holds the plug in the dash the same on the old and new dash or was one different i had to make the hole bigger one dash had a big 2 behind the cluster area and one had a 3 on the plastic part of the dash
81layndoor   +1y

also if you turn the key on and not start it do all the warning lights on the dash light up temporary
Page 1 of 1