American Cars \  Magnum build - Hydroholics.net

Magnum build - Hydroholics.net

American Cars General Discussions
views 2275
replies 53
following 26

AON-JAMES   +1y
Edited: 6/29/2009 4:23:15 AM by ONEPUMPEDWAGON

I guess it is finally my turn to make one of these bad boys. I've been obsessed with the whole 1/5 setup since Derek first did his Prelude, so this time around, I decided to give it a whirl. After a long Saturday afternoon we ended up with a fully functional battery rack, as well as the pump, manifold, and hard lines mounted and done. I woke up this morning with the intention of not touching it until Monday night, but of course, we all know how that goes. So after I got home to Vegas, and relaxed for a little, I wired up the switches & dumps, tested everything, and it's good to go. So tomorrow after work I'll paint the sleeves, trim and drill the donuts, paint those, hide the switch wiring, and run the wiring for the quick disconnect. Then on Tuesday I'll bolt the cylinders in and fill it up with oil.       First time ever wiring up a 1/5 setup, and Derek's diagram on his website made it easier then ever. Was done in less than 30 minutes, if that. (See Derek, after a little sleep I told you I'd do it.)   Most of all, I want to thank: Andy & Mike from All Day Fab, and Derek for helping me with all of this on Saturday.  
h2omelon(nick)   +1y

Clean setup!
mista337   +1y

Looks great. Those batteries look perfect in that location.
AON-4PumpedCL   +1y

Great choice on the 1-5.  Derek's is quickly becoming the new hardline master.  Can't wait to see some pictures of it completed. -Aaron 
Bentlay   +1y

hey James, long time no talk. how have you been? Nice start on the new ride...
jetts   +1y

tizight!
ahab   +1y

We should have painted the pump rack pink.  You cant even see it under there.  Derek is a hardline master.  Post up some pics when its on the ground.
AON-JAMES   +1y
Edited: 6/30/2009 3:44:14 PM by ONEPUMPEDWAGON

Update:

So after the longest day of work ever yesterday, ended up stripping all of the rear interior out, wiring the quick disconnect, running the switch wire, pulling the rear suspension, pretty much making my own donuts, and test fitting the cylinders in the rear, I called it a night.

As for tonight I'll hopefully get everything painted in the rear, remount everything, run the hoses in the rear, then pull the front suspension, run the hoses to the front, bolt the front suspension all back together, and wire up the street charger.

I'll try and get some pictures up soon, nothing really to look at yet, It's getting there though.

HarryBalls   +1y

Magnum????? You get rid of the infiniti?? looks killer so far
jetts   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by HarryBallsMagnum????? You get rid of the infiniti?? looks killer so far---------------------------------------------it got stolenmagnum looks sick as fuck tho!