Page 1 of 1
Photoshop \  dpi?

dpi?

Photoshop General Discussions
views 414
replies 4
following 2

bcrunk   +1y
how do i change the DPI settings in photoshop? ive been using PS 7 for a while now because CS crashed on my pc and for some wierd reason i cant install it back. dont ask. i have no idea what thats about. but since i want to start trying to design flyers and stuff i have read in a few places you need higher DPI settings to print with pixels. maybe im wrong? any help would be awesome
DougyFrisch   +1y
dpi is also "resolution"... so when you create a new document or go to change the 'image size' it should be right under the dimensions...    dpi actually means "dots per square inch"... meaning a 300 dpi document has 300 lil pixels inside of a square inch area, and so on and so forth 
bcrunk   +1y
oh haha. i already had mine set to 300 pixles/inch. i just wasnt sure if that meant the same thing. thanks man
DougyFrisch   +1y
I wouldn't exactly have it "set" to that all the time... you need to adjust it depending on your application. you'll only want to design stuff at 300dpi if your sending it to print, and even then it can sometimes be over kill. I design Vehicle Wraps and Banners at 100-150dpi depending on the size and it's content. if your doing shit just to post up on a website of your myspace, do it at 72dpi... it'll make your computer run much faster in the long run
bcrunk   +1y
well mostly what i design is for tshirts and flyers...  thanks for the help though man!
Page 1 of 1