threads
Page 2 of 3
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  need help getting my civic lower.

need help getting my civic lower.

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 2796
replies 21
following 13

DiabolicCustoms   +1y

but i think the travel of the strut bags on the front will max out before the uca hits? i haven't tested this theory but i am almost sure all the travel you have on the easystreet strut bags is all you get.  i have cylinders in the rear so i am thinking about modifiying the l control arm and thats about it, anybody have a good idea and not a guess as to the amount of travel the rear suspension components have?
cuzican   +1y
Edited: 6/3/2009 6:11:46 AM by cuzican

Your gonna have to tub it or remove the wheel wells also.  My car, just on cylinders, sat on the tires.
HarryBalls   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by maxpower98balls that is fucking sweet man. i love it. but this is my daily and we have snow and shit in ohio. doing all that and then parking it in two foot of snow doesnt seem practical. but love the work. k24 rd6 i am going to have to check those places out. i think i am goin to cut the front towers and redrill the rear holes in the struts adn go from there. thanks guys.--------------------------------------------- thanks....thats why i said not sure how low u are wanting it lol. It just kills me when people say all you have to do is cut the towers and abra cadabra it lays! 
maxpower98   +1y

o no. i know it wont lay. just seeing it i can get it a little lower.  im going to cut the towers and modify the rear arms and make a new whole in the strut and see what happens. thanks guys for all the help.
IMLOWER   +1y

i have a set of dropp spindles and drop trailing arms ill sell   pm me if your interested
DiabolicCustoms   +1y

i am going to mod my front strut towers to get maybe some clearance cause i am obviously hitting but i don't think its going to make it any lower if maybe a quarter of a inch if that.  the back i guess i will just have to take the cylinder off and jack it up and see how much travel is in the old arms in the rear.  IMLOWER i im'd you about those spindles and trailing arms.  i wanna do some sort of cantilever setup in the rear but i don't wanna do a solid axle.  i wanna keep the stock suspension in the rear if possible and cut all the stuff out around it to make some clearance. 
eatinpavement   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by HarryBallsnot sure how low ur wanting to go.....but everyone needs to realize eventually that  just cutting ur strut towers and other lil things wont lay out a civic. Believe me i know. ---------------------------------------------sorry i guess i should have asked what size wheels he was planning on running first. if not going with bigger wheels you can get them pretty low.
post photo
DiabolicCustoms   +1y

im just trying to do it on some 18's i know i will have to get rid of the strut bags on the front but the rear i just wanna know if i can keep the stock suspension setup and just tub it out with some sort of cantilever.
Sivik   +1y

i just tubbed my car and still using standard strut towers, not super low but its good. couldnt realy go much lower as the exhaust would sit on the ground. the front can go lower if i get drop spindles th  
post photo
post photo
DiabolicCustoms   +1y

nice work, on the side with the motormount did you have to move it up on the tub like that or could you have gotten away with out doing that?