threads
Page 1 of 3
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  need help getting my civic lower.

need help getting my civic lower.

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 2775
replies 21
following 13

maxpower98   +1y
right now i have easy street strut bags on my 98 civic hatchback. i was wondering if there is anything i can do to make it lower and still use the strut bags. i have not yet cut out the strut towers to allow the upper arms through but i plan on doing that this weekend. what else is there to do that will not destroy the interior in the rear. here is a picture of the car so far.

DiabolicCustoms   +1y

with the easy street strut bags i am to understand that you can't get much lower, i have a 97 hatch.  do you have strut bags front and rear or?  i have cylinders in the rear and i get about a inch lower in the rear than you and i'm maxed out before i start the cutting.  i have heard about cutting some off of the fork the bag attaches too and there are lowering knuckles for the front, and things like that.
eatinpavement   +1y

i did a set of easystreets on an eclipse before. i dont know about that kit in particular for the civics but the eclipse had an aluminum piece that screwed into the bottom of the strut the the fork mounted to. i took that out and just mounted the fork straight to the strut to get more drop. the rear i made new brackets for the bottom to bolt to that sat it lower. i used to have a 92 hatch with coilovers that pretty much layed out with just cutting the front strut tower for the uca to come through. you dont have to cut much.
DRGN4DR   +1y
Edited: 6/2/2009 12:02:08 AM by DRGN4DR

juice it
k24 rd6   +1y

Held Motorsports makes spindles and trailing arms that will give you an 1.5" drop. You can also lower the back 3/4" by just drilling a new hole in the shock and doing a little grinding on lower control arm. You can get extended ball joints for the front from MFactory that lower about 2/3". J's racing also makes some but I am not sure of the length.
nigels_world   +1y
Raise the strut towers... done.
HarryBalls   +1y

not sure how low ur wanting to go.....but everyone needs to realize eventually that  just cutting ur strut towers and other lil things wont lay out a civic. Believe me i know. 
post photo
post photo
HarryBalls   +1y
HarryBalls   +1y
post photo
maxpower98   +1y

balls that is fucking sweet man. i love it. but this is my daily and we have snow and shit in ohio. doing all that and then parking it in two foot of snow doesnt seem practical. but love the work. k24 rd6 i am going to have to check those places out. i think i am goin to cut the front towers and redrill the rear holes in the struts adn go from there. thanks guys.