threads
Page 1 of 2
Nissan Trucks \  720 baged and cant turn hardly at all!

720 baged and cant turn hardly at all!

Nissan Trucks Make Specific
views 1129
replies 15
following 12

tuckinnoma   +1y
ok std cab short box 720. air lift 2500 and drop spindles. my boy who did the work said in order to keep the caliper from hitting bag he turned out the turn stops on the spindles.maybe its just a 720 thang or its where he mounted the bag. i DONT have any pics yet.. sorry for not being preped. just wondering if this is a common prob. or do u think its just where the bag was mounted??????
laid720   +1y

hey i've owned 3 bagged 720 and i'm working on another 1 now never had any problems with steering. it sounds like it could be where the bag is mounted.
kaoss   +1y

Did you happen to go to some bigger wheels and rubber after the bag job?
tuckinnoma   +1y
nope.. it was just baged and set up for 17in caddys or or 18's later on. look guys dont rip on my ride.keep it to your self. i know i know.. its the bags. would you guys notch the LCA? and move the upper bag mounts a lil closer toward the frame?
post photo
post photo
tuckinnoma   +1y
i know there is a few pro's out there. KEEF,MAX,ERIC,SETH.how would you guys fix it. i just got the truck back so she's gonna have to do for now.
stlowburban   +1y

I might be seeing it wrong but does that long ass bolt hit the A-arm?   Looks like you wouldn't get far before that happened.  I don't think the bag is your issue.  It might rub out there but I can't see it limiting turning radius.

stlowburban   +1y

Sorry re-read the first post.  Just move your upper and lower bag mount holes in so the caliper clears and that should fix ur problem. I know on most imports I've done I notch the rail or crossmember or whatevers there to get the bag closer to the pivot of the a-arms to get as much room as possible. Don't know what that upper mount looks like but you may just be able to drill some more holes farther in to get you by till you can redo it.
mindlissmetalfab   +1y

That bolt is the extended steering stop. He said the guy extended it so the caliper doesnt hit the bag.Those dominators baloon alot. I'd try a re6 up there and see if that helps without moddign anything. If that doesnt work you're gonna have to mes with the mounts.
tuckinnoma   +1y
thanks guys.i may try the RE6. man i was just thinkin thhe AIR LIFT BAGS were huge.cuz they 25's up front and 26's out back. butt yes they are like big fake tits! big and round!
simple-pleasurez   +1y
definatly go re6s.