Page 1 of 1
Photoshop \  probly a dumb question... but oh well

probly a dumb question... but oh well

Photoshop General Discussions
views 398
replies 6
following 4

bcrunk   +1y
im wondering if anyone could throw me a few pointers on how to get better at photoshopping trucks and such. ive tried to do it in all vectors... and that just seems to be way too much time in the shading to make body lines... ive tried to just spend all my time selecting areas very carefully and just changing colors till i like it... but nothing really ever seems to blend well. ive noticed all of you guys look like you didnt start with a pic of  a truck that already looked like you wanted it. say you are gonna do a front end swap. are yall just using a pic of the new front end and pasting it over the other truck?
Jance Customs   +1y

I'm not that good either when it comes to mixing colors and swapping out parts. It just takes time and practice and years of experience to get the hang and look that you are after. Front end swaps can be tricky because you have to have the same angle as the picture you are editing. If it's off to one side or slighty turned it will throw off the whole picture, the same goes for rims and tires. It's all in the angles. The best way to understand photoshop is to read up on some tutorials or just mess with your settings. You will learn something new everytime you use it! Good luck, photoshop can be fun!!!
bcrunk   +1y
Edited: 5/12/2009 7:09:44 PM by bcrunk

what about making the color of things black or white? mine always turn grey with the way i color things....
tlw32882   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by bcrunk Edited: 5/12/2009 7:09:44 PM by bcrunk what about making the color of things black or white? mine always turn grey with the way i color things.... --------------------------------------------- im not sure what your asking here but to your original post............... just keep practicing, there was a lot of things that i wasnt sure about but over come just by trying new things. dont be affraid to ask specific questions either. one thing i have figured out ....is that people will help you get better if you are specific with what you ask. as far as front end swaps, i just find something close that i can manipulate to look correct and blend. i also find it easier to desaturate and match up the shades of grey rather than trying to match up colors. also, if you are working with a specific color then try to find pictures of that color and study what the light does to that color(thanks dougy).
bcrunk   +1y
well ok. specific question #1   how do i color things white or black?
SSM-Webmaster   +1y
White and black are probably 2 of the hardest colors to achieve in photoshop especially when dealing with renderings. Typically most color changes start with a desaturation and then start the color process by using a hue/saturation often followed by a levels adjustment. I usually get as close to a black or white as possible using the hue/saturation and then adjust the levels to bring the highlights and shadows back in across the body lines or wherever necessary. Hope that helps
bcrunk   +1y
thats kinda helpful. thanks dude.
Page 1 of 1