threads
Page 1 of 1
Photoshop \  using this section to advertise....

using this section to advertise....

Photoshop General Discussions
views 328
replies 4
following 5

DougyFrisch   +1y
Im just curious and it stuck me as ironic... but why does it still say "Using this section to advertise will get you banned from the site!" when anyone can now advertise as long as they are gold?  and the irony comes in when i saw today that Brandt has a Graphic Disorder logo right next to that statement....
eyekandydesigns   +1y
Was curious to that myself as well...I know that the logo next to the section must more then likely be a paid advertising spot...but yeah I feel that with the comment that we are not allowed to post renderings or other photoshop work for comments/suggestion that has our logos on them.  I wanted to post up a couple of new ones from our new site but wasn't sure if I would get BANNED from the site while being a gold member myself.
GraphicDisorder   +1y

If you are gold you can post your work  in the correct sections of the site.  No you cant dump a post in MT General about your renderings.  The statement there about "using this section to advertise...."  Is super super super old and applys to NON-gold members and its been there for years.  Not sure how you guys are just noticiing it.  That rule was in place before Dougy was even in business.  Maybe before you to RJ.  It's been on the site for ages. In other words SSM is not going to let people who dont support SSM try to make money off of SSM.  Simple concept.  My logo being next to it is no different than any other company have a logo next to a section on this site.    
eyekandydesigns   +1y
Yeah I have noticed it for quite some time...just never commented on it...and thus have not posted any renderings on here for a long time (guessing a year or more)...so was just curious exactly how and who it applied to since Doug had mentioned it.
GraphicDisorder   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by EyeKandyDesignsYeah I have noticed it for quite some time...just never commented on it...and thus have not posted any renderings on here for a long time (guessing a year or more)...so was just curious exactly how and who it applied to since Doug had mentioned it.---------------------------------------------Ya that rule has been there for many years, often people ignored it.  I remember that rule being put up back in like 2003 or 2004 due to people posting their work to have it show up on the front page of the site in the hot topics.  It was clear some where not supporting the site and were trying to make money from its members. Nothing has changed though, your gold you have nothing to worry about.  None gold members can post work too, however it cant have logos on it, company info on it, or any other form of contact info on it, or the thread cant dip off into "how to get a rendering from them".  Being able to use it as a marketing tool is a perk to gold members.
Page 1 of 1