Page 1 of 5
American Cars \  going lower on a magnum

going lower on a magnum

American Cars General Discussions
views 1513
replies 49
following 21

lilbuddha   +1y
well i just finished bagging my magnum with the easy street kit, but since i like to think im a minitrucker my mind goes in the way of lets go lower, before i starting cutting and chopping my car up, does anyone know of any way to get my car lower with this kit? or is it even just pointless to try?
here is the car and how its sitting, i know its not for some people but i like it

AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y
It appears that those struts are fully collapsed.  You can modify your struts up front and get more drop, and you might be able to cut the bag cup shorter in the rear which is unfortunate since the kit should have had this done for you.  The best option is to sell this and run Hydroholics stuff and you'll be tucking some rim....
nvr53   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by AON-OFFDAHOOKIt appears that those struts are fully collapsed.  You can modify your struts up front and get more drop, and you might be able to cut the bag cup shorter in the rear which is unfortunate since the kit should have had this done for you.  The best option is to sell this and run Hydroholics stuff and you'll be tucking some rim....---------------------------------------------dont do it .hydrolics? yeah rite
kursedorange   +1y

i dont know much about hydrolics but gumbys old magnum got pretty low with hydrolics
bodydropped50   +1y

Im curious what you come up with on this one.  I just bagged my wifes Magnum using the Easystreet kit and like you am used to things sitting on the ground and am not to happy with how low it is.  I am in Michigan about 1 hour out of Lansing where Airlift is and have a good friend that works there.  The car is there now to see if there is anything they can do about getting it lower.  If nothing comes of it I planned on cutting the weld around the strut and sliding it up further to try to get some more drop out of the front.  I will do whatever Ive got to do to get the thing lower...
unusualfabrication   +1y
That new slam specialties kit looks like it gets LOW! If I had one of these cars I'd be looking into that kit.
lilbuddha   +1y

yeah i saw the slam kit and yeah it looks like it lays out alot nicer thats another 1,000$ but if i have to thats the route ill goand yeah gumbys old magnum is where id love to lay out,
H22AHONDA   +1y

WHAT SIZE WHEELS AND TIRES ARE YOU ON. I HAVE A 300C WITH A UNIVERSAL AIR KIT AND I LOOK TO BE LOWER BUT AGAIN IM ON 22" WITH 265/35/22. WHEN TALKIN TO THEM THEY SAID IF I WAS TO USE A 255/30/22 THAT WOULD BE A INCH LOWER JUST THERE. I DID TAKE OUT MY FENDER WELLS THAT HELPED A 1/4 INCH. BUT I TO WANT IT TO LAY LOWER AND MAYBE DO DRAG BLOCKS......

JTB   +1y

looks great as is.......... leave it alone & buy a mini truckjt
bodydropped50   +1y

Well my buddy from Airlift got back with me today and said the only way to get the car lower is to notch the unibody for the axles in the rear and notch up front so the control arm can travel up further.