Page 1 of 1
Ford Trucks \  bagging a ranger

bagging a ranger

Ford Trucks Make Specific
views 1011
replies 8
following 9

bagged91mazda   +1y
I am getting an 85 ranger.To make the front lay frame do I have to get lower ibeams.Or can I just get radius arms and tranny cross member.I am only going to put 17s or 18s on it nothing bigger.Also does the back need to be flipped or whats the easiest way to do the back thanks
FADE2BLK94   +1y
You will need all three. The drop i-beams, the radius arm cross member, and the tranny cross member. For clearance reasons the DJM drop beams would be your best bet.
kaoss   +1y

If there is the tiniest thought in your mind that this truck will end up Bded on 20's, go with a Toyota front clip.

Do a search on toyota front clip, the topic has been covered a gazillion times on here. Post some pics of the truck!

bodydropped85   +1y

easiest way to do the back is a triangulated 4 link. in the front, i would get djm beams for an 89 up, and run later spindles(89-94 u can keep your stock rotors/calipers,95-97 is a bigger rotor and caliper upgrade) since they move the ball joints to the spindle and not the i beam(which have to be pressed in).
cold_carcass   +1y

Beams are a ball buster! Go ahead and clip the sucker and get it over with.
felixwesley   +1y
Hey KAOSS your saying you can swap the front suspension from a toyota? I'm trying to get my 91 bagged I really want to do it all my self (yes i am aware of the safety concerns). Also does anyone know the geometry in fabricating a 4 link set up for my rear. thanks
Uncle Fester   +1y
Clip it means cut off the front frame, weld a yota clip in, motor mounts, steering and radiator support. Not a walk in the park.
slammedxonair   +1y
Best way is DJM beams, radius arm relocators, tranny crossmember, and custom tubular bag brackets. And triangulated 4 link in the rear. I can set you up with all of the parts if your interested, I specialize in rangers brian@illusivefabrications.com
Page 1 of 1