Page 1 of 1
American Cars \  HELP! pic request of 60's cadillac steering setup

HELP! pic request of 60's cadillac steering setup

American Cars General Discussions
views 305
replies 1
following 2

xmdragonass   +1y
hey guys heres my dilemma....i bagged my 67 cadillac and had no problem with the tie rods laying out... now im doing my 65, and the drivers side lays out no problem, but the pass. side tie rod is hitting the bar above it when it lays out and is holdign the car up... im wondering if the tie rod is supposed to be above that bar,or below that bar...because right now it is below the bar and when the susp. goes up the tie rod hits the bar..... i think someone may have taken this one off sometime in the past and reinstalled it wrong... but then again, the tie rod looks to be bent a little bit,and before i started bagging it, there was a rub mark with metal showing on the tie rod from hitting the bar above it... im not sure what the bar above it is called, but i know that its not the draglink,  its the short bar that bolts to the framerail and then to the draglink,and then the tie rod bolts to the draglink and the spindle... so if someone can get a pic of the tie rod/draglink setup on their caddy wether its bagged or stock, i would appreciate the help! thanx in advance!

bagged98   +1y
Edited: 4/10/2009 11:44:07 PM by bagged98

i can get you pic of mine tommorow on my 65 its still stock but not for long. So how is it comming i s een the pics it looks good. I think we both have similar cars man. hey kyle i sent some pics to you on your aol email. hope it helps ya out.  
Page 1 of 1