Page 1 of 1
Interior \  SUV wheel tubs

SUV wheel tubs

Interior Q & A
views 2226
replies 9
following 5

slammedxonair   +1y
Hello I'm working on putting the floor back in my explorer finally and I was just wondering what most people do to attach and seal wheel tubs to interior quarter panels on suv's and cars. I have some of the 3m 2 part metal epoxy stuff I had bought, but im not sure if thats how I want to do it. What has everybody else done and does anybody have any pics? Thanks.

slammedxonair   +1y

anybody have any ideas?
mindlissmetalfab   +1y
I made a filler piece come up from the lip of the 1/4 panel to the top of the tub. So the tubs are attached to that, not the actual 1/4s.   
post photo
post photo
slammedxonair   +1y

Yea I had thought about that but, I rolled the fender lips because I slit one of my tires moving it around a while back. I could probably still go off the rolled part however it would have been buch easier dealing with the compound curve the way you did it. Thanks for the pics Joel.
Psycopath   +1y

mine are done the same way as joel's. just not as pretty cause they were getting rockerguarded anyway. 
bodydropped85   +1y
Edited: 4/1/2009 5:39:47 PM by bagged85

put a flange on the end of the tub, and use some heavy body foam(not the shit from home depot) to bond them to the quarters like the factory does, then flexible seam sealer on the outside.  http://www.azautobodysupply.com/sem39flurfo.html something like that.
slammedxonair   +1y
Edited: 4/1/2009 8:42:30 PM by slammed x on air

I had thought about that as well james but had no idea if it would hold. But I thought it would cause it to rust out since I had some in the stock vehicle and there was rust all around it. Thats what it looked like anyways. I just dont want to have any issues in the future. Is that what you guys used on Jasons explorer?

slammedxonair   +1y

does anybody else have any other ideas or pics?
bodydropped85   +1y

we didnt use anyhting lol, they just sat close to the sheet metal, we may have use seam sealer idk. that foam is what holds the inner fenders on the beds of older rangers instead of spot welding...
k24 rd6   +1y
Edited: 5/16/2009 2:04:09 AM by k24 rd6

On mine, it was done like above, except my lip was cut off and welded, and there is an inch or so of the factory wheel well to weld to. Sheet metal was welded between the leftover inch and the tub then seam sealed. You can sort of see it in the pic, you are looking upward and the top of the pic is the outside of the quarter
post photo
Page 1 of 1