threads
Page 1 of 1
Photoshop \  I need some serious options on how to make my show coverage user friendly?

I need some serious options on how to make my show coverage user friendly?

Photoshop General Discussions
views 364
replies 8
following 5

Jance Customs   +1y
Edited: 3/26/2009 12:16:09 PM by Jance Customs

I just don't get it anymore? I just changed my show coverage layout thinking it would be the easiest to figure out, but apparently people still just don't understand where the hyperlinks are located? I started doing a "menu" page for my coverage a few years ago with DIRECTIONS to where they can find the links, ie, links are located on the left, additional links are located below the pictures. Links are now located at the top (obviously) etc.
 But I am still getting complaints because people can't FIND the links? What is so hard to understand? A lot of websites have the hyperlinks in "tabs" located in different places on the site, so why is it so hard to find mine? Even SSM has tabs! Do mine just blend to much with the background or what? I really like the my layout and I hate to cheapen the whole look and layout because some people can't read....

Any serious help please because I'm getting to the point to where this isn't worth my time!

Thanks!

New Show Coverage Layout
tlw32882   +1y
i hate to say it but them people are just dumb 
Jance Customs   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by DragaDodgei hate to say it but them people are just dumb  --------------------------------------------- I think you might be one of them people too because you can't read! I need options how does this help me??????????? Just messing with you, I agree I think they are too it's just frustrating!
tlw32882   +1y
i guess what i was trying to say, why fix something if its not broke. i think the way you have it set up is better than before. you could always try using neon orange, maybe they will see that.
Jance Customs   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by DragaDodgei guess what i was trying to say, why fix something if its not broke. i think the way you have it set up is better than before. you could always try using neon orange, maybe they will see that. --------------------------------------------- yeah I thought about highlighting the menu page tabs in red so people would get the idea of where to look. I just posted my link on another forum and one of the replies said, "I have to much stuff to look at" so they weren't even going to bother.... Can't please everyone!
DougyFrisch   +1y
only thing i can say is that it's very very busy... i honestly would do away with breaking the images up into sections like that. and seriously, at first glance at that page i had no clue where to go to start seeing pictures, i had to read a whole paragraph to know where to go. you shouldn't have to read instructions to know how to navigate your website.   i would just follow the golden rule of K.I.S.S.... keep it simple stupid    
DougyFrisch   +1y
also, if i get a couple pages deep into your show coverage, i'm not about to keep hitting the back button to get back to the 2009 show coverage page.... and from what i see you can click "Show Coverage" on the top tab to go back to that 2009 screen, but why the hell does it open in a new window? now i got 9 tabs and i'm still on the same website...
Jance Customs   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by DougyFrischonly thing i can say is that it's very very busy... i honestly would do away with breaking the images up into sections like that. and seriously, at first glance at that page i had no clue where to go to start seeing pictures, i had to read a whole paragraph to know where to go. you shouldn't have to read instructions to know how to navigate your website. i would just follow the golden rule of K.I.S.S.... keep it simple stupid  ---------------------------------------------Thanks for the reply! So if I stopped doing the catergories and just made page numbers what would the difference be if I still used the tabs? It seems no matter where I put my links people always have trouble finding them I at least try to make them have roll over movements so people will know. This was my first show for this layout, I just want something different from the norm and I don't want to use a template. And why did you "have" to read the whole paragraph it told you what to do in the 3rd sentence
Jance Customs   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by DougyFrischalso, if i get a couple pages deep into your show coverage, i'm not about to keep hitting the back button to get back to the 2009 show coverage page.... and from what i see you can click "Show Coverage" on the top tab to go back to that 2009 screen, but why the hell does it open in a new window? now i got 9 tabs and i'm still on the same website... ---------------------------------------------I see your point but I'm a little lost. The show coverage tab is on every page so why would you have to hit the back button? Once you click it, it will take you to the show coverage "years" and then go from there. I have it opening in a new window so you don't lose your spot on the current page if you are looking for a spefic show or something. Thanks for your imput!
post photo
Page 1 of 1