new camera...did a photo shoot. 350Z

Sport Compact General General Discussions
views 798
replies 11
following 9

ptman2002   +1y
this is a buddy of mines 350 Z  on 19s.

ptman2002   +1y

anyone have any comments on the photos?   im still learning all the settings on this camera.
CLNSHVNnDRAGGN   +1y
What camera are you using?
ptman2002   +1y

its a Nikon P80
Slammed83Mazda   +1y
First and foremost. Stop taking pictures are awkward angles. Like tilting the camera to a 45 degree angle to take a picture. It takes away from the car and makes it annoying to look at. Sorry just a huge pet peeve.  Mainly, just get out and tinker with the camera. Try to figure out what it's capable of.
nrre   +1y
agree with the awkward angles. also, a good 15-20 minutes on each photo in photoshop can really make the image pop.  for instance...ORIGINAL:  After 20 minutes with Photoshop CS3
post photo
post photo
BabyYouWish   +1y
I agree with the angles comment, but I disagree with the photoshop comment. The above "after" photo looks over-processed... Learn first how to shoot, then learn how to enhance.  First things first... Shoot with the sun at your back. look at the nasty shadows that thing is casting on the side of the car you are shooting.Second, frame the vehicle in the shot. You want to see 80% of the side and 20% of the front (at least this is how I have always been told from other professionals). This in MY OPINION is a good example of a well framed, nicely shadowed show coverage shot. (guy in background ruins it, but you get the idea)   
ptman2002   +1y

i sometimes like the different angles.  but i do agree with it getting annoying.    thanks for the comments,  always good to see what others think.
stockfloored85   +1y

pics are real clear and look high quality, dont get fancy with it, just make it look real life.
acromexicant   +1y

I dont shoot alot of automotive stuff, but when I do, I stay away from the angles and distractions in the image. You need to draw the viewer to the subject of the photo. heres my example: