Page 1 of 1
American Cars \  Fram laying rear suspension setups G-body or Caprice-

Fram laying rear suspension setups G-body or Caprice-

American Cars General Discussions
views 1002
replies 8
following 7

driptruck   +1y
I am redoing the rear suspension of my 65 malibu and would really like to see some rear bag and notch setups. I know I need a notch and I am thinking of doing new lowers extended to a new x-member located where the rear seat starts/floor bumps up. My idea is to mount the bags on the lowers with a minitruck style bridge under the seat so I can remove it and see the suspension but I would like to see some pics. Mostly of the notches and what people have done with their trailing arms.  Any info is good but pics would be great.   Thanks 
rockstar-c10   +1y

On my Grand prix all i did was a "C" notch with stock trailing arms. i assume you want to lay full frame?

Marcos_65   +1y
check out Lay It Low they have a lot of G-Bodies on there.
driptruck   +1y

Yes I want to lay full frame.  I bagged it first bag over axel and that kept the axel about 2 inches from actually touching the frame.  That was before when I was being concervitave with the mods but now I want it layed out!  I use to do altered suspensions for work but not any notched cars so rather than go the whole trial and error deal I was hoping to hear from others who have done some mods and hear what worked with the stock arms and what needs to be modified.  I run 20" wheels and figure on at least a 3-4 inch notch, modified floor in rear, and some other notching for driveline clearance.  I would like to keep from doing a full step notch but I know I may need to.  I am looking for clean looking setups for ideas but since they are hard to seeand take pics of (unlike trucks)and not that many people mod these cars, maybe I will just have to go for it. I did some searching here and found some pics. I will search lay it low too, but most are not doing what i am looking to do.  I know a buddy who notched a cutlas about ten years ago but I haven't heard from him in a while and can't remember much about the build.  I think I will look him up as well.  Any info anyone can contribute is helpfull though and thanks for the replys!

scootch   +1y
i too would like to see this. i know some people just add a pipe notch but i want mine lower without doing a full back half
gslif   +1y

i c notched my buick century. the bottom trailing arms were hitting the frame so i notched the frame out so that they tuck inside of it now. so now it lays full frame.
scr8pnyota   +1y

65 malibu got any pics, had a SS 283  in high school always wanteed to lay it out good luck on the build
FreaksLo720   +1y

a simple c notch and xstend your arms with a raised trany tunnel shud do the trick. all i had done on my caprice. i don't know ewhy people do back halfs and loose there  rear seat and trunk space.
scootch   +1y
---------------------------------------------Originally posted by FreaksLo720a simple c notch and xstend your arms with a raised trany tunnel shud do the trick. all i had done on my caprice. i don't know ewhy people do back halfs and loose there  rear seat and trunk space.--------------------------------------------- pix??? please?
Page 1 of 1