threads
Page 2 of 2
Tools \  Alternative to flap disc's.....

Alternative to flap disc's.....

Tools Q & A
views 2332
replies 13
following 13

maz duh   +1y

---------------------------------------------Originally posted by thacru78My second question would be where do i find them....i've looked at Lowe's and Home Depot and could't find anything that seemed like it would work the same. Thanks for the help guys....these days every $1 i can save is a good one. ---------------------------------------------If you have a Tractor Supply in your area they should have the style of disc Joel is talking about.  I usually finish the metal with a stone on my 4 1/2 inch grinder and then tidy it up with a resin disc on my 5 inch grinder. I don't use flap wheels too often due to their cost and I find they tend to kind of float over lumps and bumps rather in some situations. Good luck and happy grinding.
SoloSpecialties   +1y

damn,what brand flap wheels you buyin lol. the one i get are $3 each and last quite a while. i get them from my local welding supply store.
TOYBOY89   +1y
Edited: 3/28/2009 12:04:31 AM by TOYBOY89

I have a pistol grip air sander that spins FAST!, I use the thin sand paper discs: 36, 40 or 80 grit.  I put 2 0r 3 on at a time to keep them rigid.  It works beatiful, way better when doing sheet metal, than the flapper wheel on the angle grinder.