Page 1 of 2
Interior \  Covering a Seat

Covering a Seat

Interior Q & A
views 936
replies 12
following 8

CamberOz   +1y
Here are some pic's of a seat that i recently recovered.

starting point 

I like to make a test pattern helps me get a idea of what it will look like 

wool cover off 

removed the top and the head rest 

topcover 

at this point took the cover apart and started making the center section 

Measured and marked

next step is to glue it to foam

once it is glued it needs to be boarder stitched

time to sew in the pleats 

CamberOz   +1y
Finished the center section   mocked up and side sewn on         I missed a some pic's at this point but top done        And now on to the bottom    this cover was a mess             rinse and repete     Glue    sew     all the bottom pattens ready to go     mocked up      sewn          Complete       the client was very happy with the seats.     If you have any questions hit me up    
vcminitrucker4lyfe   +1y
awesome work looks very clean.
KEEF   +1y
U make it look so easy man nice work

slammedstroller   +1y

nice work! when you sew the pleats and stitch the boarder are you just sewing to the foam? or are you putting some sort of material behind the foam?

CamberOz   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by SlammedStroller nice work! when you sew the pleats and stitch the boarder are you just sewing to the foam? or are you putting some sort of material behind the foam? --------------------------------------------- I am sewing to Sew foam or scrim foam . it a foam with a mesh on it to hold the stitche   here is a link to and pic to the foam  http://www.yourautotrim.com/1thplfo.html
biggin   +1y

what kinda sewing machine you using for this? i been interested in trying to find one and doing some test stuff and get practice cause there is hardly anyone doing this in my area. have any tips for starting out on this stuff any reading material? what would be the best eauipment to start with?

CamberOz   +1y
Check craigslist for a consew or a phaff industrial sewing machines, you can pick somthing on on their about 300+ also check out http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/interior/ tons of tips and tricks on that board
standardbyker88   +1y
looks good buddy. i like it.
93blazer4dr   +1y

how much did that cost??? you made this look easy i cant sew a straight line so id leave it up to people like you lol