Page 1 of 2
Tools \  CHOP SAW??

CHOP SAW??

Tools Q & A
views 1221
replies 12
following 12

donobird   +1y
What kind of chop saw is everyone using? my old dewalt just bit the dust. it was old and i cut a lot of box tubing.
what is a good brand and a good place to buy a new one?

also do the carbide tip blades have a minimum rpm?

let me know
thanks,
dono

deflatd   +1y
ive been using a friends milkwaukee. has been working pretty well.
kaoss   +1y
I just got a Makita that came with a free grinder. I looked at Sears and Lowes, and the Makita was a way better deal. The problem with the DeWalt one that Lowes sales is the way that the anchor for angle plate works.  It moves when you really crank down on the work piece.The Craftsman had a nifty laser, but it was 189.99, and it didn't come with a kick ass grinder.The Makita was $199.99. I like it a lot. The chop saw is 2414ndx and the grinder is 9557pb. I called them and they said that they would ship it for you. Call 806-372-1433 and tell them that you want the Makita chop saw with grinder.    I haven't had a chance to get a blade but here is one that will work at high rpm's: http://www.bulletindustries.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/6463925/vpcsid/0/SFV/32766    

BJ_waylayed   +1y
Hitachi 14" @ Lowes for $149 FTW...I love mine
uaintlow   +1y
I got a rigid from lowes and it kicks ass...and its supposed to be able to cut a 5in od pipe with no problem.

corey0814   +1y
no complaints on my rigid...just stay as far away from harbor freight ones...that pos wouldn't cut itself in half

bodydropped85   +1y

my dads milwalkee(sp) has ben kickin it for almost 20 years. i think weve replaced the cord and thats it.

JETSETTER   +1y
James failed to mention that he cut the cord off!  
kaoss   +1y
--------------------------------------------- Originally posted by bagged85 my dads milwalkee(sp) has ben kickin it for almost 20 years. i think weve replaced the cord and thats it. --------------------------------------------- I used to use my dad's old milwaukee that thing is easily from the 70s or 80s.  It is a damn good tool. Every cut you make on it though is about 1/8 to 1/4 off though.

donobird   +1y
i got my de walt about 10 years ago used and from a garage sale for 10 bucks. i have been changing the brushes out the last few times i used it, so thats it no more! it's Done!    thanks for the help