threads
Page 1 of 1
Sport Compact General \  Volkswagen Golf Fuse/Relay Help!!!!!

Volkswagen Golf Fuse/Relay Help!!!!!

Sport Compact General General Discussions
views 498
replies 3
following 3

FreakwitaFro   +1y
So i had some welding done on my car because the where the end link of the sway bar connects to the control arm broke.  Well the guy that did it didn't disconnect my battery and he left the control arm on the car when he welded it and now i have a problem with my radio and turn signals. 

The turn signals work fine when the head lights are off but when you turn them on the left turn signal also turns on AND STAYS ON.  You try to turn the left blinker on and it doesn't flash or click so im thinking the relay is shot.

Before i had the welding done on my car, if you pulled the key out then opened the door the radio would turn off.  Now my radio never turns off unless i turn it off manually so im thinking there might be a relay messed up there. 

My question is, does anyone know where i can find a wire diagram for a 1997 VW Golf GTI so i can at least find the right relay to check it.  There is nothin on the car that tells me whats what...evern for the fuses.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks
spider97   +1y

your best bet is to go and get yourself a haynes manual for your car. it will have the diagrams in there . i have the book but no scanner sorry

boooghar   +1y
you got 2 options for a quick fix either hit up the guys on www.vwvortex.com or my homies at Dougs Bugs N Bunnies in Mesa AZ, if you go with the latter of the 2 call 480 962 1101 and talk to either gilbert or tj and they will hepl you out

FreakwitaFro   +1y

I hit up vwvortex and a couple other forums and nothin yet.  Im just gonna have to get a manual.  Thanks for the help peoples.

Page 1 of 1