Page 1 of 3
American Cars \  Police Interceptor

Police Interceptor

American Cars General Discussions
views 981
replies 24
following 14

TwistedMinis   +1y
Profiles don't update on weekends, so here are some pictures.

It hit the ground for the first time today. The front is being help up by the exhaust collector and cats, but it will be getting full 2.5" exhaust with SLP cats and mufflers soon enough. Its got IRS out of an '87 Jaguar XJ-S. And its got '08 Dodge Charge Police Interceptor wheels, with wheel adapters on the jag axle and the front hubs redrilled to the correct Dodge pattern with 14mm studs so it can run the factory hub caps.

I will have outside shots on Monday.
milkshake   +1y
bad ass!
frank_ice   +1y
thats sweet!
cheeks Sunset SD   +1y
looks sick man, cant wait to see all those leave so we can bring that toyota up to ya.
toddluck   +1y
looks great seth
standardbyker88   +1y
thats pretty sick. but isnt a charger 5x4.5 and a ford vic is 5x4.5, so why a redrill? or is it just for larger wheel studs? whats the specs on those wheels? and how much were they?
CCtuckinlexaniz   +1y
sick!!!!
lost cause   +1y
That's badass:TUP
TwistedMinis   +1y
Edited: 11/16/2008 10:39:12 AM by TwistedMinis

Originally posted by standardbyker88

thats pretty sick. but isnt a charger 5x4.5 and a ford vic is 5x4.5, so why a redrill? or is it just for larger wheel studs? whats the specs on those wheels? and how much were they?

The Ford is 5 on 114.3 with 12mm studs. The Charger wheels are 5 on 115 with 14mm studs. All the tire shops said he would die if he put the wheels on. So I took them to the machine shop next to me, and he basically offset the hole about a butt hair and bored the hole out so I could press the 14mm studs in. It came out great. And the rear is just a wheel adapter because the Jaguar is 5 on 4.75. All I know is they are 18s, and they are expensive for a steel wheel because he got them from the dealer. I would imagine getting a used set would be difficult since they come on cop cars.

Originally posted by cheeks Sunset SD

looks sick man, cant wait to see all those leave so we can bring that toyota up to ya.

Lol. This one might still be here, but everything else will be gone. This one is kind of floating on money right now. He said I will have a check for it next week, which means I can get a drive shaft made and make it drivable.
smithchassis   +1y
Originally posted by TwistedMinis

Originally posted by standardbyker88

The Ford is 5 on 114.3 with 12mm studs. The Charger wheels are 5 on 115 with 14mm studs. All the tire shops said he would die if he put the wheels on. So I took them to the machine shop next to me, and he basically offset the hole about a butt hair and bored the hole out so I could press the 14mm studs in. It came out great. And the rear is just a wheel adapter because the Jaguar is 5 on 4.75.

the tire shops around your way are retarded by the way lol... the 14mm studs is a good idea then he can run the stock lug nuts from the charger and stock caps... good details that noone will notice... cool car