Page 2 of 3
Tools \  Frame tables

Frame tables

Tools Q & A
views 1571
replies 20
following 20

thacru78   +1y
WOW 2-4x8 pieces of 3/4 steel. Wonder what the price tag on those were.
TwistedMinis   +1y
Originally posted by thacru78

A 4x8 of 1/2" here is like $750-800 I think, so probably a grand or better. Plus around $200-300 to blanchard grind each one.

I don't feel I need that kind of precision. I just need a few cross members that I can bolt fixtures to and clamp rails down on. Camburg is designing that table to build a trophy truck for Kinetik, and they are building fixtures for everything so they can reproduce everything and have parts in stock.
unusualfabrication   +1y
We have a blanchard (or commonly refered to as a tub grinder) with a 4 foot table. You can tell by the swirls on the top thats it was ground with one. Finding someone with a 96-120 inch tub is a rarity around here.
maz duh   +1y
Edited: 11/4/2008 5:24:31 PM by maz duh

Originally posted by TwistedMinis

Originally posted by thacru78

A 4x8 of 1/2" here is like $750-800 I think, so probably a grand or better. Plus around $200-300 to blanchard grind each one.

I don't feel I need that kind of precision. I just need a few cross members that I can bolt fixtures to and clamp rails down on. Camburg is designing that table to build a trophy truck for Kinetik, and they are building fixtures for everything so they can reproduce everything and have parts in stock.

That makes me feel pretty good to hear that. I have a table that is 4x8 for doing frames on with a 3/4 inch thick plate top that I bought at a yard sale of all places for 75 bucks. It is a 2x2 frame with braces under the plate and 4 large casters to make it mobile. I think it is one of the best purchases I ever made for my shop. The camburg one looks really nice but I couldn't do without the space it takes up, mine is big enough as it is. The only problem I could see with the precision ground top is that it would get chewed up to a degree from tacking things to it as time wore on.
granth   +1y

all i can show right now. 6 trailor jacks, 4x4 tube 1/4 wall
post photo
AiredOut   +1y
For my next build im going to need a frame table. Ive decided im going to use a mobile car-o-liner frame rack. The rack itself looks very similar to this version of their rack, but sits on adjustable casters not a height adjustable lift.

Im also going to be buying the car-o-liner measuring system to keep things as true as possible. keeping in mind that in the collision industry that 2mm in or out is within tolerance, which im sure is much more precise than your average frame build.

The truth of it is, i want to build the frame, complete, and drop the complete body back on only once.

post photo
Pacificustoms   +1y
Here's our table. The only complaint that I have is the size, it would be nicer while using it for it to be bigger, but at the same time, the small size is nice for a shop that has limited space. We have out-riggers for it to build front and rear sections. The table itself is 4x10. The top unbolts from the legs to build on the floor or store apart, the lower tray also unbolts. The top is made of 5/8 Mic 6 tooling plate that has been surface ground and anodized. It has 1 inch steel strips every couple feet tapped every inch to bolt accessories to to then weld components to. It actually is very user friendly not being able to weld to it directly. Right now we have a full-size truck chassis we're building set up on it, so it has more versatility then just hot rod frames. It also has a cool rolling engine cradle and guides to set up small block chevy engines at different angles easily moving foreward and back while keeping square and centered.
post photo
post photo
jspotmcd   +1y
thats a pretty good idea Grant.. whos is that..??
low f350   +1y
Originally posted by AiredOut

For my next build im going to need a frame table. Ive decided im going to use a mobile car-o-liner frame rack. The rack itself looks very similar to this version of their rack, but sits on adjustable casters not a height adjustable lift.

Im also going to be buying the car-o-liner measuring system to keep things as true as possible. keeping in mind that in the collision industry that 2mm in or out is within tolerance, which im sure is much more precise than your average frame build.

The truth of it is, i want to build the frame, complete, and drop the complete body back on only once.

LOL Ted's..... What happened to the table that tow truck driver had?
post photo
blazins10sc   +1y
wow robbie thats a really nice frame table. I like it even more than i do the one on the first page. I tried to buy an old kasnsas jack frame machine that my job was getting rid of just so i could cut the top plate off and use it for a frame table. They wanted Way too much money for the POS tho