Page 1 of 3
Tools \  Frame tables

Frame tables

Tools Q & A
views 1557
replies 20
following 20

slash   +1y
I've got some rough ideas on how I want to build a frame table... but I wanted to see if anyone has any strong suggestions as to things they would have done differently on theirs.

Any pictures you guys wanna post are cool too.
tlw32882   +1y
search "frame table", ther is a couple of threads somewhere
TwistedMinis   +1y
This is how its done.
post photo
wildhare   +1y
how much did it cost to build those? Are the plates precision ground?
TwistedMinis   +1y
They are blanchard ground. I always thought that was an expensive process, but apparently its reasonable if you find the right place. I have no idea how much they cost, Camburg put them together for a new project they are building.

I just saved the pictures, because I plan on building something similar without a top like that, at least for now. I like that it splits in the center, which means I could stack it for easier storage. My shop is cramped. I will probably build two 5x5 or 5x6 tables for myself.
dooredhoe   +1y
seth do u know wat gauge sheet metal they used on the top
TwistedMinis   +1y
The tube is 4x4, so just by judging scale I am guessing its 3/4" or so.
thacru78   +1y
There's mine....If I could do it all over again I would do it totally different. Whenever I build my shop behind my house the beams will be used for hoists and i'm gonna build a more manageable table. It works perfect...it's just to hard to manuver. Bitch is heavy. One like Seth posted is what i'm eventaully build. Bad Habit/Choppin Block had some badass table....I wanna make one were I have fixtures on it I can store the cab above the table. In a small shop it's hard to be in the middle of 3 BD's, with three bays for frames, and 3 bays for cabs. I havent figued it out yet but I have some ideas....
post photo
junior   +1y
Originally posted by TwistedMinis

This is how its done.

damn now thats nice...wish i the table and the shop to go wit it
post photo