Page 16 of 17
Foreign Cars (honda, etc) \  CR-V on Hydros

CR-V on Hydros

Foreign Cars (honda, etc) General Discussions
views 12820
replies 168
following 63

mista337   +1y
Is that metal strip under the pump motor carrying the voltage?

That has to be one the most innovative hydraulic suspensions out there! I love the intricate details you come up with, especially with the wiring.
BAGLESS   +1y
Very clean install...INDEED! Keep up the great work!
k24 rd6   +1y
--------------------------------------------

mista337 said:

Is that metal strip under the pump motor carrying the voltage?

That has to be one the most innovative hydraulic suspensions out there! I love the intricate details you come up with, especially with the wiring.

--------------------------------------------

The aluminum piece to the right of the pump? No, That is just a trim/floor reinforcement that is not powdercoated yet. The power is actually the copper tube running down the middle between the accumulators and under the slowdown. It goes through the floor via a plastic bulkhead with a brass nut and connects to a normal wire under the car. The tubing is a matching .375 od with .065 thickness. Solid was copper machined to fit inside the terminals and tubing then welded onto the ends of the tubing.

post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
tre5   +1y
Don't drop anything in there, lol.
k24 rd6   +1y
Yeah, it is scary. That is why I put in the breakers. I did paint clear coat on it temporarily until I get everything is done then it will be clear powder coated
k24 rd6   +1y

Front isn't going down all way. I got to figure that out.
post photo
post photo
post photo
smctoy   +1y
Thats sic!!!
AON-OFFDAHOOK   +1y
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRadical!
Pacificustoms   +1y
Your work and detail is amazing Ryan! Great job!
k24 rd6   +1y
Finally wired up the switches. I converted the cruise control switches to work the hydraulics. I changed it from 2inputs/3outputs to 1input/4outputs

I took the cruise control switch apart

I took out the spring and lever to turn the on/off switch into a momentary

I jumped the switch inputs to one terminal and cut the other input terminal which will become the 4th switch output. I removed the diodes from the cancel switch and ran a jumper wire to the connector.

Cut the membrane so the wire will fit

All wired up. You will never be able to tell the switch was modified
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo
post photo